1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Help, Not Sure How To Proceed

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eofox, Feb 25, 2015.

1. eofox

Over the last week or so I've met another trans girl in person. She's very nice, but does seem a bit lonely right now (as far as life goes). We spend a lot of time texting and have fun when we are able to hang out in person. As a quick background, I'm not on hormones and have never so much as kissed someone. She wants to have a romantic relationship. Personally I'd like to hold off until I really get to know her. The problem is when I get depressed or tired I can be very suggestive which means she is getting these signals that I shouldn't be giving out. It's obvious now that she would like to kiss or makeout or whatever it's called (I have no idea). I've considered it, but the idea of kissing someone kind of almost disgusts me/freaks me out. I'm not exactly sure what to do, because she's slowly becoming more attached, and I'm becoming more and more awkward about everything. I feel like the only reason she's interested is because I've been one of the few people in her life who have been nice, helpful, and supportive. Because of this I'm not sure what to do...

I know my post is kind of all over the place, but has anyone else been in a somewhat similar situation?
    Or could anyone give me some advice on something they might do?
    I honestly have no idea whether I should be legitametly thinking about a relationship this early into knowing each other, or if I should make it excruciatingly clear that we need time and boundaries. Which I'm terrible with, without hurting feelings. Ugh, the entire situation is just kind of difficult to process, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

~Zoey

2. hostileequation

Out Status:
    Some people
    You need to tell her exactly how you feel. leaving her hanging will hurt her more than anything. Tell her that you think you should get to know each other better before getting into a relationship.

3. eofox

I have, the problem is when I get depressed or exhausted I make comments that are kind of super flirtatious. I'm not entirely sure how to prevent myself from doing this, other than avoiding contact when I'm depressed or exhausted, which would mean the majority of our time to chat.

4. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it's natural to enjoy the attention that you get from others however leading them on could be more hurtful than just laying the cards on the table.

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So make sure you tell her about this too. Explain that you don't really mean to come off that way, you're just tired/depressed. You should also probably make an effort to catch yourself doing it and edit your messages so they don't sound suggestive.