1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrettable Purchases

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought this toy I saw others playing with in high school, so when I got it I had no idea what to do with it. I don't know why I soaked it with water I just did. Only after did I read "do not get wet" on the box. Well that was 14.50 gone.

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I bought some red contact lenses over the internet for a cosplay. As it turned out, I couldn't get those damn things in my eyes because I've never used contacts before. They also had an unnecessary outer clear layer that made them big, thus hard to put in. Waste of about $30.

3. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I got 4 lootcrates (worth around $20 each) until I realized I didn't really like the stuff I was getting in them. That's the only thing recently I regret purchasing.

Now my brother on the other hand is the king of purchasing the dumbest crap. My favorites include a $90 remote control helicopter that he broke on the first flight and a pair of sun glasses that doubled as a mp3 player.

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Grado headphones. The build quality is terrible, really. I was very disappointed with the SR80e open-back model. One of the driver cups wasn't even attached at the right angle. I mean I paid a hundred bucks for those things. Returned them shortly after though.

5. Joelouis

Ah , yes. Cars.
    I bought a five year old Audi A4 convertible that was nice to drive but very, very expensive in the long run. One failed gearbox, clutch and two turbos, the last of which caused the end of the car itself. After checking with other sources, I've concluded that Audis are one of the worst makes for reliability. I'll never touch one again.

6. thepandaboss

Among many, many things: Yesterday- generic tums that literally tasted like mint flavored chalk. Younger- A headset that only worked with a Sub-Saharan chant and twisting it into the AV plugs. An anime studio program that always crashed, never worked the way it said. An HP laptop that had a mother-board blow up after a year of owning it. A personal website that no one visits (it's for my freelancing business). Oh, and 500 mother-fing business cards that I can't give away fast enough.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to be impulsive, and that includes purchases. So I regret things more times than I care to remember. It's an illness, I tell you :grin:

8. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe I forgot to mention this: weight gain products. I'm glad I only dabbled with them for a while on and off so it wasn't a bigger waste (and I did not get a bigger waist or anything else!) of money. Granted they are designed for body builders rather than fragile underweight weaklings as I was, but if I'm spending a lot of money on something I would hope to have seen some improvement. Luckily the milkshake brand I bought tasted nice enough but the bars were just like eating squidgy cardboard that had about the same calories as some general cereal bars as it turned out but was 2 or 3 times more expensive. Plus all the extra stuff in them made me a bit jittery at times I think. In the end nature did a better job, because once I hit my mid-twenties my body started gradually putting on a little more weight over time by itself.