1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Carla01, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Carla01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was invited to a substance abuse meeting as a visitor. I do not use any substance currently or in the past. The environment where of a no criticizes. I attended the meeting as the new me. Although the journey I am on is only for several months now, and resemblance of the past is still visible. I where welcomed and no uncomfortable remarks or looks where attired.

The energy they have to contribute to task or activities requirements does not matter how small or big where out of this world.

The 12 step recovery program was discussed. Many of these steps I going to apply to my journey in life.

2. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I feel like there are all kinds of recovery. I think a common theme here is the recovery we are all undergoing due to the damage we have done to ourselves. We have all tormented and tortured ourselves in trying to work through our sexual orientation, gender, etc.

I am my own worst enemy sometimes and I have done my own share of damage to myself. I highly suspect that I am not alone.

Going to an AA or some kind of 12 step or recovery group can be helpful no matter what we are recovering from. I think there are plenty of take-aways that would be valuable and can be used in our own recovery.