1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realization - Valentines Day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Soundofmusic, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a kind of pointless post, but for the first time EVER, Valentine's Day wasn't daunting or depressing for me, as it usually is. What changed? I didn't think about it beforehand, I didn't contemplate what it means to be alone for days ahead and when I finally did, I realized that I'm not alone because no one wants me, but because circumstances aren't right for that right now, but they will be.

I got tons of chocolate and lollipops from friends, and when I got home, I got myself flowers and chocolate covered strawberries and had a nice night with myself.

Just wanted to share because usually Valentine's Day is a cause for great stress for me. I usually cry a lot and get super sad that I'm alone. So if any of you feel this way ever, just know that there's hope yet!

2. Rana

Rana Guest

I had the same experience as you describe this Valentine's Day. It was really just another day for me. I didn't get chocolates or lollipops though. That would've been better! :slight_smile:

Soundofmusic likes this.
  3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice. this is the first year that valentines day "bothered" me, so I made myself a nice steak dinner, had some lovely local wine, and had a nice self love kind of night. would have been better if I had someone to cook and eat with and snuggle with after but it is what it is for now, being in between genders, etc. time will tell if I get what I want.

Soundofmusic likes this.