1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaching out to an old friend. . .

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by StarHealer, Sep 9, 2018.

1. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright brothers and sisters, mess time.

So a couple years ago, I worked with this guy who I immediately found hot. I came at him from the friend approach, but eventually it slipped out that I found him hot. He seemed to dig it and be okay with it, but over time his attitude was like "oh you're in love with me, I'm not trying to get married", but I didn't feel that way at all. At one point I just straight up said "Can I suck your dick?" and he got this huge smile on his face an said "Of course." (That's all I really wanted from him).

So after that he got weird with me. One minute he's distant, the next he's trying to be all nice to me. It was getting really messy. I didn't feel comfortable perusing the as for mentioned bj anymore. He was about to quit and move and suddenly he's like "you're the one for me" and shit like that. I just let the last couple of weeks ride out and then I never saw him again.

I guess now I just feel unresolved. I still have his number, I'm thinking of texting him. Anyone else have a similar situation? Did it go horribly wrong (or right!!!)? If he had social media I could look him up.

#1 StarHealer, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you awakened something for him, but he was processing it unevenly, emotionally? Was the quit and move part of that?

So, if you need more than what he was able to say at the time, it seems o.k. to reach out to him. But he may still not be able to express things, so don't take it personally.

3. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's the harm in texting him?

4. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guys, thanks for the responses!

The moving thing was part of his pattern, he hates the area were his parents live, he'd move out, it would fail and he'd come back home. He'd done that twice while I knew him. As far as I know, he still lives in Washington, but he might be back if it didn't work out. . . Overall, I think it has to do with never being happy with his work and always trying to find a "better situation", work/living wise.

I agree, a text isn't that big of a deal. He could just ignore me or whatever I guess. I only said "a couple years ago", I should have said four. Is that too long?

#4 StarHealer, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  5. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You seem really invested emotionally in him.