1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re aligning my life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Jul 20, 2008.

1. hoping

So much as happened in the past 4 years my nan died, i had depression on and off alot, i had my heart broken more times than i care to admit and i guess ive learnt alot from it like maybe to toughen up and to fight for myself and to stop taking shit from people.
    ive written about this guy who was supposed to be my best mate who said he wants me and well things are just crap with that and i guess in a way its a sign that maybe im not supposed to have a relationship right now, maybe i have to deal with alot of heart ache from the past so i can actually have a future.
    I have to learn stuff to like paitence and trust that things ill happen in their own time and that i do really deserve to be happy until then im going to focus on the things that are important right now like studying to start my career so i can start my own buisness and trying to find a job which i need really badly but most of all i want to be here with all of you since all of you have helped me grow and learn in this past year, you are all incredible people and its been great this past year getting to know some of you. i hope i can get to know more of you in the future cause it can only get better from here on in.

anyway love you guys
    Ryan

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ryan! You said it: it can only get better!

For the time I have known you, I think you have come a long way. I think it is great that you have started to concentrate on other things as well. I know that things haven't gone the way you hoped for them to go, but I am sure that you will find happiness in the future. Things do happen in their own time. Don't rush them. Good and great things do happen.

Your post makes it clear that you have become stronger as a result of the things that you have gone through. Being a stronger and focused person will allow you to move on and concentrate on other important things in your life as well. Yes, you deserve so much more. You will make it. Never give up.

3. Gumtree

Now that you have decided to change, nothing can stop you.

Good luck and good speed :grin:

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Good luck on your plans. I know you will succeed and yes, it can only get better. Oh, and giving a little (or more than a little) "alone time with myself to know myself and enjoy myself" is always good. Many times we seek love from someone else, when we first need to seek love from within. Oh, and it is there. And I know you know :grin:

-Jean.

5. Jim1454

Sounds like you've learned a lot of good (and sometimes tough) lessons.

This might sound corney... but sometimes the best things in life happen when you're not exepcting them. That has been my experience. Maybe it will be yours as well. Focus on yourself - improving yourself and enjoying yourself - and you'll be more ready than ever for that special someone when they enter your life.

Good luck - and stick around.

6. s5m1

Hey Ryan, as you know, life is definitely not always easy. You have gained a lot of perspective over the last few months, and it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. The relationship will come, probably when you least expect it. We can't force them to happen. Enjoy each day, and try not to focus on the past or worry about the future. Once this day is gone, we can never get it back again. We can’t dwell on the past or worry over the future. If we do, we will never enjoy the present.

This is a passage Jim sent me when I was going through a really tough period. It helped me greatly, and I will never forget it. I think it might help you as well:

Yesterday... Today... and Tomorrow

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - Today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day; it is only when you or I add the burdens of those two awful eternities - Yesterday - and Tomorrow - that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives men mad - it is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.

Let us, therefore, live but One Day at a Time.

[ Author: Jennifer Kritsch ]

#6 s5m1, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008