1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow bracelets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUglyBarnacle, Dec 23, 2012.

1. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wear one at University but since I've come home for the holidays I've stopped wearing it because I don't want to raise any suspicions with my somewhat homophobic family.
    I've never had anybody say anything about it until recently, at the very end of the semester, when one of my female friends said 'Omg, I just got the reference to your bracelet! It's for gay pride!' Haha :slight_smile:

#21 iBlakexo, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. curlycats

totally. :thumbsup: me wearing mine very well may take the issue up a notch with my partner as well.

3. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wore my rainbow braclet on campus one day, and I got really strange looks from the lunch ladies working in the university center. It made me uncomfortable to say the least.

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I wear mine (rainbow bracelet) pretty much every day. I also have a 3in button that says "Keep Calm and Be Proud" with a rainbow on it- that stays on my bag. I own a rainbow studded belt. Last year I made a button for Day of Silence. I wear my LGBTQ pride gear whenever I can- and plan on getting more. Other than glares from people (especially on the Day of Silence, wearing ma button) I haven't recieved much abuse. The minimal amount I did get was verbal, and pathetic at most. And it was all on that one day. Most people I hang with are totally supportive and cool with it. In public, people don't even seem to notice. I plan on making a bracelet/necklace (haven't decided yet) with two interlocking venus symbols next. Basically, unless you're decked out head-to-toe in the gayest rainbow pride apparel you can find, people won't really notice. They're unobservant for the most part. Occasionally a fellow queer or homophobic mom will take note, but mainly, not.

5. Oregontinker

I make bracelets from needle point thread and give them to friends and supporters. They are your basic friendship bracelets from middle school but are pretty awesome. I also make bracelets using silver wire and colored beads. I wish there were not all the communication rules on this site I would make and send one to whoever wanted one, but alas I would be banned.

6. jaysuss

I wear one that i bought from a store and people that have commented on that don't even know that it means I'm gay. Like really!?

7. FishMan27

I just got one, and I've been wearing this past week. I'm not sure how many people actually notice/understand what it means. I'm not fully out of the closet to everyone. I was hoping some people would take a hint (especially these two girls who won't leave me alone). One of the aforementioned girls asked me what my bracelet said, and I just told her nothing. She was like, "What a waste of a bracelet!" Oh, some people...

I'll be seeing my extended family during Christmas, and I've decided I probably won't wear my bracelet when I'm with them. I do want to come out to them...eventually..., but not like that.

8. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I used to wear a rainbow anklet I had bought from Pride this past summer and it was nice because I felt like it was still visible but not quite as visible as a bracelet would be. I don't wear it anymore but I only got a couple comments on it, basically, "I really like your anklet!" Nobody really asked what it meant.

9. Jared

I wear one at college and a decent number of people have noticed and commented on it.

10. Niko

11. SheWhoHasNoName

I made a rainbow wish bracelet that I wear

12. leer

have a few wristbands the one I got off my mum when i was 17 means everything to me. its the fact she went out of the way to find out what it stood for .

13. Salazar

Bought one today! I really hope it doesn't arrive in a package that says 'this guys a bender!' haha

14. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haven't got one yet, but i will be in the next few weeks

15. Greendalehumans

I want to make one, but I'm not out yet :/ although it is my New Years resolution to come out! I might make one anyways and if my family asks me anything I'll say it's just a bracelet.

16. Capichino

I don't have a rambow one but I do have one that says hope and I NEVER take it off NEVER Take it off idk why

17. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't wear any bracelets or accessories, but people do wear rainbow accessories sometimes in my school and I think everyone knows what it means.

18. caramba2654

Nah. I usually use a pink triangle necklace/wristband. It's interchangeable! :grin:

19. BudderMC

I would... but bracelets are just soooo... gay.

I kid, I kid. If I could find one that I felt looked okay, I'd be willing to wear one.