1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Dad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Dec 14, 2013.

1. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one, especially one who essentially "made" you and provided for you, is very difficult to overcome and requires a lot of strength. All fathers, regardless of country, want to see their children prosper and grow. Let his death strengthen you as a person. If you need any support, please don't hesitate to message me.

2. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you all for the truly overwhelming responses. You guys are amazing. It's pretty hard to digest that time yesterday my dad was at work, and he came home a few hours later an I had lunch with him and we talked and he was fine. He had no terminal illness or anything like that, it was horribly sudden and happens in a flash. When I saw his body and shook him, I kind of knew he was dead, even though the ambulance were working on him for the better part of an hour. I really don't know how I'll cope but I'm thinking I'll try my best to carry on with school work and getting involved in it. I shouldn't give up now.

Again, thank you all for your wonderful responses. I didn't expect so many people to reply like this.

Edit:
    Sorry for typos and poor grammar, can't really concentrate right now.

#42 SohoDreamer, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. Nick07

Soho, (*hug*) please don't think you have to be strong. If you hide your feelings, they won't disappear. I mourned the death of my loved one many years after he passed away. Many years. I believe I would feel better if all those years if I hadn't pretend at that time, that I was strong. Cry, be angry, anything you feel, but don't lie to yourself that you are almost OK (*hug*)

4. im so sorry. (*hug*)

5. DMark69

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While it is good to carry on with school, make sure you are talking with family and/or a counselor so you don't suppress and avoid the normal grieving process. You will get through this, but it takes time.

7. A Person

Myself and many friends have lost parents and other family members before, so I can truly understand this feeling. Sympathies lie deeply with you my friend, please let me and others know here if you need anyone to talk to.

8. Oxelotl

Really really sorry for your loss. I'm pretty sure the entire EC community is here for you.

9. I also lost my father when I was 17. The best thing you can do right now is be together with the people that share your grief, other people won't really know how to be around you, but you shouldn't be alone.

10. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this so suddenly. I lost my grandfather in march who was the only father figure I've had. It's best to let the grief come as it does don't push it but don't bottle it up either. (*hug*) I'm so sorry.

11. Harve

Oh god, I can't imagine anything more devastating.... I hope by now your head is clearer in terms of dealing with what happened. Best wishes.

12. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. This is the worst time of the year to lose someone close to you, particularly one as close to you as your dad. Be strong, man.

13. biggayguy

I'm so sorry for your loss. Words are not adequate.(*hug*):tears: