1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning self

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Well, I've come out as a bisexual to everyone....but I'm having second thoughts..

Now that I'm completely accepted myself, I've realized that I find myself much more attracted to men than women :confused: . For example: where I work, I tend to find guys that are good looking (and or course my bf ^^), but I don't think I've ever seen a women that made me feel the same way I feel when I'm with my bf, or when I see a cute guy.

It makes me think that maybe....I'm gay @_@ .

The thing is, while girls themselves may not turn me on, their bodies do...
    It's rather confusing for me....either way, I don't care what I am, I'm just trying to figure out which :rolleyes:

2. Derek the Wolf

There's a book called "The Bisexual Option" you might wanna look into. It's goes really in depth about bisexaulity as a whole. I personally am more physically attracted to girls, but am more comfortable being emotionally intimate with guys. Bisexaulity is a little more complicated than 50/50 attraction. If you're attracted to both genders, even though you are mroe attracted to guys, you're probably bi. However, don't rule anything out.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Ya, it was just confusing me a little....I was talking to my mom, who's a medical assistant, and she was saying that bisexual men tend to be more gay than straight....not sure if she's right or not, but she thought I was gay at first :lol:

4. Derek the Wolf

I don't think she's right about that. Don't worry about being confused though. Every day I think to myself "Am I absolutely sure?" And the answer is never yes. But, I like girls, and guys, therefore I continue to believe I am bisexual.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on accepting yourself! :slight_smile:

Although you have identified yourself as a bisexual, keep in mind that sexual identities can change over time. They are fluid. Maybe try not to label yourself at this stage.

It sounds like that you have an attraction to women but that this attraction is not as strong as it is towards guys. It is possible to have different forms of attachments/feelings both emotional and physical, towards men and women. The strength of these attachments/attraction can vary, and it can change over time. I think Derek is absolutely right in saying that it is more than just having an equal attraction to men and women.

Given that you have realized that you have different forms/levels of attachments I would encourage you to explore the feelings that you are experiencing. Don't be afraid to explore them. Exploring these feelings will allow you to understand them perhaps a bit better. Follow whatever feels right for you. If you do find yourself to be confused or a bit overwhelmed by the feelings that you are experiencing try to take a step back and leave your thoughts aside for a bit. Do take your time in figuring it out.

The other thing that might help you in figuring things out is if you talk to other bisexuals. Perhaps try joining a GLBT group in your community or at your school. Talking about it with others who have gone through similar experiences will help you to place your own experience in a better context and perhaps understand your feelings a bit better as well.

I hope this helps!