1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unicorn100, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Unicorn100

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello again! Been awhile since I've posted on here.
    I've recently been questioning my gender. The thing is, I don't care what someone refers to me as, she/they/him are all fine. Overall, I just kinda feel like, "me". In some ways, I feel like I don't care about a label for my gender. But at the same time, I think I'd be more comfortable with one? I'm just not sure if I'm overthinking it, or if I just don't completely identify with female and maybe there is a different label I'd be more comfortable with.

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like maybe one of the nonbinary identities would fit you. I think you should look up agender maybe.

Unicorn100 likes this.
  3. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I somewhat identify with agender and I also prefer a wide variety of pronouns as opposed to just 1. What's funny is, some agender people I find want to completely rid themselves of all gender, don't want to look masculine/feminine and only be referred to as they/them.... but I personally see it more as like... all gender is kind of just a costume to me. There are aspects of both/all genders that I appreciate a lot. Like, I identify with both masculine and feminine roles, but it's not because I see myself as both a man and a woman, but ultimately neither. I pack and bind, but I don't hate my genitalia, it just seems like a logical way to make my appearance more androgynous since it seems that most people automatically read my body / appearance as feminine since I was assigned female at birth; it's as though my default setting is more female to the rest of the world, so in order to counteract that, I have to masculinize it. I guess I see all gender as just an interesting and personal expression and I like to take advantage of my ability to change other's perception of me is all. I don't identify as being a girl, or really a boy, but if I had to choose one over the other I'd prefer to be called a boy and addressed as he/him, since most of my life I lived as the opposite, I see at as evening out I guess. I'm also nonbinary so there's room for these things to flow I think...

Unicorn100 likes this.