1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning in My 30s. Perhaps I'm Bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wonder, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Wonder

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sure you all read messages like this quite a lot on this forum. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm a woman in my early 30s, married to a man, and with kids. I find myself questioning whether I'm bisexual. I guess when I was younger I figured that all girls had at least some interest in other girls. And since I had plenty of crushes on boys, I just figured I was straight and dismissed the feelings I had about girls as just something all girls experienced. And that was that until now. I find myself increasingly thinking about women, checking them out, and fantasizing about having sex with women. Thing is, all these thoughts have always been sexual, never romantic. I've never fallen in love with a woman, never had a crush on a female friend, never desired to date women. And so I wonder, am I really bi if I don't long to be married to a woman? And is it maybe true that even straight women fantasize about having sex with other women? I'm just so confused. And I don't want to shake up my marriage with this bombshell unless I know for sure that I'm bi. I feel so ridiculous going through these thoughts at 30. I feel like I should have started questioning in my teens. I don't know why it took me so long to put two and two together about my attractions, especially since I was raised around my parents gay friends and being gay was always portrayed positively by my straight parents. I can't blame fear of rejection from my parents for my brushing this under the rug for so long. I feel so confused. Help?