Questioning & Anxiety

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by quizzicalbrow, Jun 21, 2017.

1. quizzicalbrow

I was here for awhile and then I thought I had figured everything out and found acceptance so I left. I decided that I was bisexual, and it seemed like I was finally cool with it. I only came out to my best friend though.

But now, I'm talking to this guy. I should preface this by saying I'm 21 and I've never been in a relationship or kissed or held hands with anyone. I also have pretty bad anxiety/social anxiety. I've only been on 1 date. We were talking for the second day yesterday, just getting to know each other. The first day talking to him was Really nice, we have a lot in common and our sense of humor is very similar (i met him online but I've seen pictures of what he looks like) i really thought for awhile you know I would like to meet this guy and get to know him better. And then yesterday my anxiety started up. This has happened once before with a guy who reallyyyyy liked me, I thought I liked him until I realized how much he liked me and then I didnt know what I felt. As you can probably tell I'm already taking this way too seriously and I'm anxious and what was a really really enjoyable conversation with him is now me just feeling anxious. I haven't even met him. The point is I don't know if this anxiety is from compulsory heterosexuality? Or Just my own issues. I don't know if this sort of anxiety is something I would also feel if I was also getting to know a girl who liked me and was interested. If it was then i guess i would just be alone forever because it feels awful

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are experiencing something like this, professional help is probably necessary. It would help if you could try and figure out exactly what is causing your social anxiety problems. Why do you feel nervous around someone who likes you? What triggers your sudden change in attitude?