1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for bisexuals?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ttmab

2. trumpetnerd

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a bisexual male, these are very prevalent stereotypes in society today. Although we are attracted to both genders, it doesn't make it any more difficult to have a monogamous relationship. If I fell in love with someone, and decided I wanted to settle down with them, it wouldn't matter if they're a girl or a guy. If I was married, just because I may find other guys/girls attractive, it doesn't mean it's harder to have a monogamous relationship. For example, if there's a hetero guy married to a hetero woman, you could say the same thing, about how it's harder for them to have a monogamous relationship because the woman finds other guys attractive and the guy finds other women attractive. That doesn't make them any more likely to cheat than any other couple, gay or hetero.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good article and comments on the heels of it regarding bisexuality. The comments explain the spectrum of situations, attractions, and emotions people feel.

The first book I ever read on the topic was "The Bisexual Option" by Klein. I wish he had gone more into analyses of WHY. It was a good read, but I found a lot of anecdotes and case studies. Sure, some of the people explained why they felt the way they did, but I also wanted a professional to supplement the anecdotes and case studies.

4. HEREIAM2

HEREIAM2 Guest

I relate well to what you say. I totally understand and have lived the experience of being forced to only interact with emotionally unavailable (and often emotionally stunted) men due to being in the closet and it sucks (in retrospect.....at the time I thought it was great and I was emotionally unavailable...till the day I almost miraculously woke up - still can't believe it happened and thank the lord for it every day- was certain I was a lifelong closet case- and realised what an idiot I had been all my life and the deep denial I had been living in). I would not exclude bisexuals who lean towards men (tbh I regard these guys as basically homosexual) if they are emphatic that they are after a serious relationship. I would also not totally exclude (but would be very cautious with) certain bisexuals who might sexually lean towards women but have a real need for emotional relationships with men (however I agree such men are unlikely to go the distance - but in the short term they can give you the most amazing relationships)

#24 HEREIAM2, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013