1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about taking female hormone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Story Jinx, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the contrary, I don't know who you are and your point seemed to be not based on biology but rather on identity. Perhaps you should articulate your concern more precisely. I was not attempting to challenge the OP's sexual orientation; I was merely stating a fact that if they are currently attracted to their partner, and she identifies and presents as a woman (as they suggested), I did not see what their issue was. Obviously, if their partner intends to have SRS, that may be another matter entirely but that was never suggested.

2. Nick07

Gates, you are right, I saw your remark as challenging. And the thread is about hormonal therapy which is as body-altering procedure as SRS.
    But you say you didn't mean it that way, so I'll take it as you say.

3. Just Jess

I do think this needs to be brought up though. Even if it was not suggested explicitly, the fact is that if their partner does feel they need SRS at some point in the future, even if they don't right now, their freedom will be limited, and they might try to talk their partner out of things. And right now, they may feel pressure to avoid SRS in order to stay in the relationship.

I don't think people should go crazy with what-ifs, because then you can't have anyone getting in any kind of relationship. And I do agree with your "if it aint broke don't fix it" attitude for the most part. If those two people are happy, I don't want to be responsible for changing that either.

But it is very hard before you take hormones to know exactly how they will affect you, and the OP was considering hormones. If the OP ever does decide to go "full time", there are a lot of challenges such as restrooms and swimming pools, to having different genitals from most members of your sex. And then of course, there's physical intimacy. Right now that might be possible, and everyone is different, but I personally can't be physically intimate with anyone in any way that uses that part of me, and that part of being trans is not uncommon.

So I'm saying, this "what-if" in particular, is one worth bringing up and talking about.