question about reorientation therapy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by careandrespect, Jul 20, 2007.

1. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To my friends at EC. I am most appreciative of all your help and sound advice on this topic. Thanks.
    careandrespect

2. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tks. I love reading your posts. yr son is lucky.

3. AstroJesse

Wow. Guess I'm a little late, but I'd still like to put my two cents in if I may. I my self am VERY religious. Go to church every sunday type thing. The view I've alwyas gotten from church is that god loves you for who you are, who he MADE you. I've looked again and again at the religious aspect of being bisexual, and I keep putting it off how much it will effect me. I went through a point where I felt I was wrong, disgusting, and almost vile for what I'd "done".

Then I talked to my friend, who is also completly religious, and she told me that It was okay. Being gay was not wrong in gods eyes, becuase it was just a part of who you are. He made you that way, how could he expect you to change?

Going through a therapy is something I did consider for a while. But I realized that I'm to young for that, don't have the money, etc. Now that I look back though, I'm really gald I never looked into it. I just dosen't seem right. God never said he wasn't going to accept me for being gay. It was more for the church and people to be able to accept you. It's not some temptation god is trying to test you with.

My point: It's your life, and you can be gay, lesbian, bi sexual, transgender, whatever you want, and still have god in it.

4. Cooper Day

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a practicing psychologist I can tell you that these therapies are bogus. You would be better served by seeking help (if you really need it) to accept your orientation.
    Peace and much love!

5. nolousolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    reorientation isnt possible.. youre born with a designated sexual orientation1