1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quentin Tarantino

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by darlig ulv, Mar 16, 2013.

1. darlig ulv

What are your views on him? Hate him? Love him? A friend of mine thinks that Django was "disgusting" and that I shouldn't have seen it. Another thinks that Kill Bill is overrated, and some think that Pulp Fiction was brilliant. Personally, I love his films and am utterly obsessed with them (see signature). Just curious.

2. MatthewJS

he is so awesome!!!. my favorite is kill bill!

3. darlig ulv

IKR! Although it wasn't awards material, Kill Bill was film making straight from the depths of Tarantino's heart, his bloody, bloody heart.

4. Cthulhu

As a person, he seems like a real asshole who thinks of himself like one of his characters. As a filmmaker, I have full respect for him. He is a terrific filmmaker and screenwriter.

5. aeva

Totally loved Death Proof (in fact, there's a poster on my living room wall), Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds.

I remember actually turning off Kill Bill, even though I thought I was going to love it. I don't even remember why it annoyed me so much, but it did. Maybe it's time to revisit.

Tarantino is definitely an interesting character. He has made some bold choices, and said some antagonistic things...but I love the fact that he is unapologetic for the bold choices he makes. In the days where people in the public eye are forced to be ultra-politically correct, it's refreshing in a way to see somebody who makes these decisions (whether they be artistic, personal, media-related, whatever), and stands behind them, no matter who they may upset. I may not always agree with his positions, but I strongly respect the fact that he speaks his mind.

#5 aeva, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. pretty sure he has done some horror movies and i loved them. sooo i love him :slight_smile:

7. Love him, his films are endlessly re-watchable and Django and Pulp Fiction are among my favourite films.

Death Proof was a load of old wank though.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His movies are cool and full of originality, but I wouldn't say they're masterpieces. Fun, creative, and appealing to all those dark corners of the soul that want to see people get their eyes plucked out.

9. knine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always felt like he made 'guy movies'. django and inglorious bastards were about oppressed people rising up and kicking ass. Its kind of fun, and I can see why people like it, but its not my favorite thing.

10. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've found all of Tarantino's films hugely entertaining, big fan of his. Kill Bill Volume 1, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are IMO the best of his films (not seen Django Unchained yet though), but I'd say Jackie Brown is my favourite, very empowering.

11. Rivers

I love Quentin Tarantino! I don't know what he's like as a person, but I do know that his films are fabulous and masterful.

12. UndercoverGypsy

They're all amazing. People who don't like them usually secretly like them but have been so well-trained by society to turn their noses up at anything that is violent or in the case of Django, realistic in a way that is looked down upon. Tarantino has said that Django was partially designed to shed light on the way that slaves were actually treated, rather than how the general public thinks they were. Sorry for ranting.

13. photoguy93

I admit - I have never seen these films...but I can tell that he is brilliant. He's a little nuts but I think he makes crazy brilliant movies. I don't understand why people are SO hard on him. If Ron Howard did "Django" then I would probably go nuts and be all sorts of mad. But this is a Quentin movie. It's what we expect!

14. mojoe

Reservoir Dogs, sheer brilliance, need i say more?

15. Alan Lewrie

An excellent film maker, but by all accounts a prick in real life. Loved Django, this world needs more Christoph Waltz.

16. Tlarkul

Ever since I saw Kill Bill, I've appreciated Tarantino's aesthetic style; he's heavily influenced by older B-Movies, and every work he makes seems to be an homage to that style of film-making.

Actually, I have recently seen Pulp Fiction; I am impressed with the whole narrative he tells using the short stories, since there aren't a lot of theme driven stories being told these days (it's mostly about character in modern storytelling, but from the way Tarantino used the characters in Pulp Fiction, you can see a common theme that ties it all together as a narrative, which seems to be that two wrongs can make a right).

17. LiquidSwords

Love Tarantino
    [YOUTUBE]TqRHjYl955s[/YOUTUBE]

You might enjoy this :lol:
    [YOUTUBE]xDMGVaHgTv4[/YOUTUBE]

18. His films are gruesome for the sake of it. I have no objection to gory movies, but when they're unrealistically gory for no reason, it just annoys me. Not particularly good at making films, but he's one of the better bunch.

19. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OBSESSED. Absolutely love his style. Kill Bill is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time. Inglorious Basterds was great too.

20. Kyubi

hahahahahaha!!! I love this guy!! Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill ftw!!!!