1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting thoughts in my head

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by angel626, Nov 10, 2013.

1. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've recently become close with one of my friends that I met a couple of months ago. At first we would just stop by, say hey, and ask how she has been doing usually those conversations only lasted for 5 minutes, then we would both go off and do our own thing. Of course like every friendship we gradually grew closer to the point were we text constantly, we have hung out a few times, and we have already gone to one another for advice and support. Well yesterday my niece, my friend, and I went to the hookah bar; while on our way there to meet my friend, my niece asked me if I would date her. I was confused on why she would ask that but I answered her question and said truthfully I would date her I think she is really cute, I'm comfortable around her, and it's easy to talk to her about anything but I'm just as happy with our friendship. My niece told me the only reason she asked was because she has noticed how close we have become and that it looks like my friend might have a crush on me. After that the conversation came to an end and were both silent for the rest of the ride just enjoying the music.

The thought keeps running through my mind and I know I'll probably be obsessing over what she said for a while. Before she even said anything I was happy the way things were yeah Ill admit that there have already been times were I have looked at my friend as something more. But now having this thought put into my mind that she "might" have a crush on me is causing me to over think all of this.

Would it be foolish to have some hope that their might be a mutual attraction laying underneath the surface? Am I overthinking things? Should I tell my friend what I think or wait and see if I develop any stronger feelings? Ugh I hate when my niece puts these thoughts into my head. Oh and my friend is Bi so I don't have to worry about that.
    :bang: :help:

2. Randomette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not really sure what to tell you. Polite disclaimer: I'm handling a vaguely similar situation much worse than you.

I'd wait and think things through, though. Yeah, you don't want to wait forever and let feelings die on the vine. At the same time, though, you don't want to push too hard when you're not sure. So at least for a little while, I'd keep going as you are but look at things more closely.

Like watch your friend's behavior and see if she's giving you any signs. And look at your own feelings when you're around her and when she's away, to see if you really have anything there.

There are probably ways to put out feelers for how she is feeling without confessing outright, also. I'm not really the kind of girl with the guts to do that, though, so I'm not the best example.