1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wc88, Jun 15, 2008.

1. wc88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since I was a senior this year, I wound up going to prom. I just went with 2 girls who know I'm gay, but I was kind of curious as to what other GLBT people have done. Did you go with a date or just friends?

2. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Oh don't get me started!! I went after being forced into going AND wearing a dress, felt aweful all the time I was there, hated almost every minute of it, so uncomfortable... The only way I got through was down to my dear friend who brought vodka :slight_smile:

So yer, advice for anyone out there who is in any situation where people want you to be something your not.. just be yourself, and be happy. Pleasing others is not worth it if you feel aweful about yourself.. so don't do it!!

Anyway.. I went and it was pretty rubbish.. what a sad story lol..

3. SwissBoy88

In Switzerland we don't have "proms"... we have a completely different school system. But I just passed my final exams and we have something similiar to a prom.

Since three of my best friends (none of them knows I'm gay) also passed their exams, we decided to go together, not as dates though, but still....

4. Alexander

I plan on going to my senior prom with a male date. If I'm not out to my parents by then, the pictures will be sure to alert them to my... status :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. otc877

otc877 Guest

i went to prom both senior and junior year, both times with a girl. It was more or less just to have somebody to go with, both of us ended up dancing with everyone on the dance floor anyways :slight_smile:

6. LOVEjames

My prom was last night. <3 I just went with friends, pretty much. It was insanely informal. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I danced with two guys during the snowball dance. Well, two guys, but one guy twice. xD He was insanely cute. >_> Played grabass a little bit with him...

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to my junior high senior dance, and as a "date" to some one elses a couple years later, but they made me uncomfortable. Not the whole date situation, just the place. As a result I didn't go to my high school prom. I also wasn't one for school dances.

Going as a group of friends, with no specific date quite popular.

8. davo-man

I went with 3 dates...count them, three dates :grin: All girls of course, but they all knew I was gay. I took one cos she needed a date to get in (she was a friend from another school), one cos she's best friend and the last cos her boyfriend wouldn't come.

We had an awesome time...One of the best nights of my life! :grin:

Attached Files:

9. Davey

i just went with one of my best friends! we had an awesome time! and yes she knows.

10. Tim

Tim

I skipped prom, couldn't afford a tux :3 Plus, all my friends were couples, and didn't wanna feel like a 3rd wheel =P But my lesbian friend just went with her girlfriend, the school didn't really notice >.>

#10 Tim, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  11. eclipse

eclipse Guest

Went to senior prom and took a very good friend of mine (female) who is not from my school to just have an awesome time. The prom itself was extremely formal, but we had tons of fun for the rest of the night/day after. We went into New York to a karaoke bar (amazing!) and then the next day went to six flags. It was a great way to turn an otherwise forced not-so-fun night into an extremely memorable one.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A female friend of mine was dating a 22-year-old at the time, who had NO interest in doing something so juvenile as going to prom. So I took her instead. We had a blast.

Lex

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I skipped and didn't go to Prom.

14. LOVEjames

So I finally got some pictures. :grin:

First one: Right after graduation and we were just hanging out. The kid in the back is Sulay... we're not really friends, but he's not terribly uncool or anything.

Second one: Mylo and I in front of the most fabulous rainbow arch in the history of the world.

Third one: Mylo, Megan and I.

Fourth one: :o Fabuloussss. (Although, admittedly, I look insanely awkward compared to the girls.)

Fifth one: Me and the boy I played grabass with. <3

Attached Files:

#14 LOVEjames, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My school formal (pretty similar to a prom) is next week, and I'm just not going. I went last year, and it sucked. It didn't seem to really be a partners sort of event - if someone had a girlfriend or boyfriend, they'd go as a couple, if not, people would just go with their friends. Most of the dances we learned were progressive, anyway, we ended up dancing with pretty much everyone else in the room - we didn't stick with one partner.

16. Grof142007

i went with friend and dance with mostly my guys friend meh no one really care or notice