1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price vs. Value

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Incognito10

When the value is so poor that it negates the price, it's a waste IMO. My famous example is paper towels (one of my pet-peeves)--you can go with the cheaply priced off-label brand and have it not do it's job or pay a bit more and at least get the job of cleaning up a mess done. Also, with bigger purchases, I try my best to think long-term; for example with an electronic or a car, if I research it and it has negative reviews and most people have had to replace the item sooner than another brand, it's an indicator to me that I may have to look at value and not solely the price...if I am buying a new laptop once year, it's not really saving me money in the long run (just because I go with the cheaper option, I've just tricked myself into believing I am saving money because I am paying a lower price at the moment).

2. bitchyetough

I buy whatever looks best ._./ Even if the quality is crap and it costs too much lmao.
    And now I sit here realising I need to stop lobbing cash at stuff and wait for the sales :/
    I should be able to buy more stuff. So basically neither of the two options, quantity > quality > price > value.
    It also depends on what. For my tattoos for example, I'ld rather toss a couple hundred at someone vs ~80 and get the best possible.