1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Everything transguy starting ballet?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by staries, Aug 19, 2015.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to start ballet in September, and my parents are eager about it. But one thing that's been on my mind recently is how I will do ballet. If there are any dancers out there, please help! I would rather do ballet as a boy than a girl.

#1 staries, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. zgirl81

You will do ballet how most people do ballet to start. By learning the basic positions, stretches, and moves! Kinda like a lot of things, there are basic levels, intermediate levels, and advanced levels.

I'm not sure what to wear to feel more masculine while doing ballet since most dancers wear spandex anyway... but if the teacher gives you a choice you can offer to be the one doing the lifts instead of being lifted. You can also talk to the instructor on your own and explain that you're uncomfortable if needed. Other than that guys learn the same ballet moves as girls, especially in the beginner levels!

Good luck! I only got up to intermediate levels before I realized that I'm really too big to be a good female ballerina (at 6 feet tall by 7th grade, lol) :slight_smile: I couldn't find a guy who was able to lift me until I got to college.

3. kalvinlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know a transguy taking ballet at this time. He wears a white shirt, black MENS tights, a dance belt, white socks, and white ballet shoes. He also wears a packer during class.

Have you started ballet yet?

Good luck: