1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Pope (sort of) says condoms Ok to prevent HIV

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Camel, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A typically unclear statement from Pope Francis on his flight back from Africa. He seems to be giving the green light to condom use to prevent the spread of HIV. This would seem to make sense under Catholic moral theology, which looks at intention, ie if the intention is to prevent illness, not to prevent life (contracept) then it is permissible. Greater clarity would be welcome.

Pope Francis condemns Catholic 'fundamentalists' and hints at support for use of condoms against Aids - Spectator Blogs

2. candyjiru

This actually started a few years ago, I believe~ so many people were upset about how to easily protect people, but since the official stance of the church is "no sex before marriage" then you really shouldn't need them unless your spouse has a disease (which they "shouldn't" because some people forget that there is more than one way to get HIV/AIDS >.>) SO~~~

It's quite distressing, and the pope isn't going to keep me from being safe, and I wish more people would realize that this isn't something that's going to keep them out of heaven or out of God's love... ;.;