1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Coming out to everyone brings happiness?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Jul 27, 2014.

?

Should I come out to everyone to bring me happiness?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Other (explain)

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. Simple Thoughts

It depends on the person I'm sure.

When I came out it didn't change a thing. I didn't feel any better or any worse about myself.

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In general I would say yes as long as you aren't somewhere where it could get you imprisoned/killed and you are able to support yourself if shit hits the fan with relatives.

Over the last year and a half maybe two years I have went from completely closeted to out to everyone i care about and just bought a rainbow necklace. The biggest difference between now and before is that I am completely free to be myself. No more worring that someone will find out, no more worring that I'll get caught checking out a cut guy, no more having to change pronouns when I talk about someone i think is cute, and no more worring that I'll screw up and forget to change the pronoun.

For the most part life is 99.9% the same as it was before. Coming out isn't a magic wand you can wave and make you happy. If you were broken before you will still be broke. The only thing it has done is it has allowed me to be comfortable being me. If that isn't enough to make you at least a little happier then you are strange.

Actually it did do something else to help me out. Before I came out i was a very grouchy SoB (unhappiness will do that). I started a new job about 4 months ago and before i came out to my friends at work the grouchy SoB was back. Since coming out my mood has improved (still a hot head but generally improved) and two weeks ago I was able to transfer to a job that pays about 18% more. I knew the boss who i am now working for from the smoking area. He told me outright that he didn't know what kind of bug i had up my ass when I started here, but if my attitude hadn't changed there was no way he would have approved my transfer.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I only came out to people who I had to come out to.
    It sucked. But since we're in different situations, I guess it might be okay for you.
    However, I'd still advise you to not come out to everyone, because it's better to be cautious about this kind of thing.