1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Police chief commends dad who rearranged man's face for sexually abusing his son

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jul 18, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Police: Fla. father beats accused child abuser

A note to my dad about how to deal with the person who's sexually abusing your son.

An unnamed father in Daytona Beach, Florida caught an 18-year-old raping his 11-year-old son. Before he called 911, he kicked the living shit out of him, dragged him into the living room, and then called the police.

The 911 dispatcher asked the dad if he'd used any weapons, to which he responded, "My foot and my fists.

Police Chief Mike Chitwood said, "Dad was acting like a dad. I don't see anything we should charge the dad with. You have an 18-year-old who has clearly picked his target, groomed his target and had sex with the victim multiple times."

Here's a picture of the abuser, who later admitted to the abuse and is currently charged with Sexual Battery on a Child Under 12:

[​IMG]

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup::thumbsup:

#1 AwesomGaytheist, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. BelleFromHell

And the Dad of the Year award goes to... THIS DUDE. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

3. tulipinacup

Oh I read this one earlier. Parenting done right!

4. Gen

Gen

I have to say that the title of this thread is very confusing, but I do approve.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you change it then?

6. starfish

Generally I am not a violent person, and don't care for it either.

However if I walked in on something like this, I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself. I'd have probably killed the guy.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brutality is rarely justified, but raping an eleven year old is one of the cruellest acts possible. He deserved to be savaged, and I'm glad the father isn't likely to be punished.

Let the rapist rot in Hell. I hope the child can recover from this.

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
  9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am having a weird thought in this situation. I feel like we have these discussions of violence happening to people, and our general response on EC has tended to be "oh, this is so sad." My response has tended to be "we need to physically hurt the people who do this," and up until this point, I feel like I'm the only person who feels this way. At EC, we're largely progressives who are distrustful of violence--and in my view, to a worrying degree.

That said, people's response here breaks from this dismal norm, and I'm happy to see how you've all responded.

You all know what this means, though, right? Many of you do, in fact, believe that sometimes people are evil enough they need to be hurt very badly.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly see my boyfriend doing the same thing as this guy did. One of the things I like about him most is that he's very protective of his family.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually stunned that the dad stopped; I'm not sure he would have gotten that beaten up actually before I'd have killed him.

Good on the cops for upholding the law by its spirit and not arresting the father.

12. Ticklish Fish

"rearranged"

is this a euphemism word for another word that I cna't remember?

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Given the mugshot of the rapist in question, I'd say 'rearranged' is a fairly literal description.

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why didn't the kid go to his father in the first place ? His father is strong and could've killed the guy before this tragedy of abuse happened

15. Gen

Gen

It's not that bad when you actually enter and read the story. It just stood out to me as I was scrolling through the forum. It could have just been me; though I could definitely still change it if you gave me a replacement.

16. Tim

Tim

I had a long post written in response, but decided against posting it.

In short: I don't agree with violence in any situation other than life or death, and although raping someone, let alone an 11 year old, is disgusting, horrific, and just plain fucked up, violence isn't the answer.

The dad's lucky he's in Florida. It's one of the few states that recognizes defending another person as an accepted defense for aggravated assault/battery.

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kind of with Tim. While the act of raping the 11 year old is reprehensible and abhorrent, I feel like when we start condoning, congratulating, and justifying violence as a solution to other violence... we move closer to a vigilante state, and we also lose empathy for our fellow human beings.

Although what this guy did is appalling... he's also a human being, undoubtedly a tortured soul, and extremely broken, with a serious mental health issue. Condoning beating the crap out of him might make us feel better, but it sure doesn't make us better human beings.

As Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye, and pretty soon the whole world is blind."

18. RainDreamer

I don't think it is the right thing to beat the rapist up either, but, it was justified in that any dad would do the same thing. It is one of those situation when thinking calmly is impossible. A parent won't be able to think straight when horrible things are being done to their child.

The rapist will likely get a taste of his own medicine in jail. Pedophile and rapist are never welcomed, even amongst criminals.

What I hope though, is that this kind of news will not make people start making idiotic sweeping comment about gay men being sexual predator again...

19. 741852963

I'm with Chip.

Whilst I can understand why the father acted the way he did, in that it was probably a normal reaction to that situation with the rage and hormones flowing, I don't think we should be celebrating it, commending it or stating it was the right course of action.

I won't criticise the father (he is a victim too) but fighting violence with violence in this situation has not made anything better; the crime was already done. Ultimately we have to rely on the police and the law to provide justice and punish criminals. Once we start commending violent retaliation we are just opening things up for vigilantism.

It reminds me of people who justify prison rape by saying "they had it coming" or "it is a good punishment". I can already see one comment in this thread doing this. I find that utterly repugnant and reprehensible. Once we legitimise rape as a "tool" for punishment we essentially are saying "its fine in some circumstances". Rape is never acceptable. It is cruel and unusual punishment by anyone's definition.

20. vyvance

Good for the dad. Shame he stopped.