Poetry, Short Stories or Whatever

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by c_jayo6, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

Oh, what the hell, why not? ^^ Let's see...

---

Fingers clinging to the chain link fence, Sinira stared through the steel wires at the buzzing city before her. From this height, she could see the whole of the downtown area, as well as part of two other districts. Everything seemed so small, so simple. There were so many people down there, with their own problems, opinions and relationships. Each existed as they should, but Sinira couldn't help it but to feel that the majority of those people were upkept my the minority. If even half of the population were to be removed, the remainder would be more than capable of handling things.

"It might actually make things easier," Sinira said out loud, tightening her grip on the fence. "Pruning a plant helps it to grow. Wolves feast on the most sickly members of the flock, strengthening it and ensuring a clean genepool for their prey. Who's to say that we are above that?"

Sinira turned to the girl seated on the ground behind her. Dressed in leather jacket and jeans, this dark-haired punk might have been popular with the school's delinquents, were she not a well-known loner. She looked up at Sinira. "Why are you telling me this," she asked.

"I've read your poetry, I've heard you say...certain things. Something tells me that...you might be able to help me."

"Help you do what? Prune some citizens from our city?" The girl stood, dusting herself off. "I don't know what crazy ideas you may have about me-"

"No," Sinira shouted. "That's not...I need help. I need," she paused, lowering her head, "I'm sick. In the head. I have these ideas, these compulsions, and it's really hard to keep them at bay. I just don't know how to hold it all in anymore, Beth."

Bethany folded her arms as the mood got awkward. "I don't really know what you mean. I mean, you don't seem to me to be the type to-"

"I almost killed Scott," Sinira shouted, turning so suddenly to face the other that the tears flew from her eyes. "I cut his break line on my way in to school. I'd been thinking about it for months, but that morning, I couldn't stop myself. I'm," She looked away, back at the city's center. "I'm a monster!"

Suddenly, Sinira felt an arm around her shoulder, and noted that Bethany was now beside her. "You are not a monster, Sin. It's perfectly normal to have thoughts like these."

"It's not normal to act on them," Sinira indicated.

"Right," Bethany said, looking off into space as she chose her words with care. "You were right when you said that the majority is dead weight. Normal is not preferable. Normal people are bound, caged by their inhibitions. To be totally free, you have to throw them away."

"And kill people," Sinira asked in disbelief. "There's got to be a way. How do I stop it? How do I hold back?"

"Don't," Bethany advised. "Don't hold back. You've been blessed with a beautiful gift! You can become so much more than them." She nodded toward the city below.

"Stop," Sinira demanded, ducking out of Bethany's grasp. "I'm not going to give in! I refuse! I'm sorry to waste your time. It was a mistake to bring you here." Hesitating no further, she sprinted away, bound for her home. Bethany remained at the fence, smiling.

"It never goes away," she said quietly. "You've already lost."

2. Steam Giant

Aaaaalright, time for the next one ^^ I promise, I won't make this too long! I just have to come up with a conclusive ending, haha! So lesee...when we last left our hero, she was running home...

---

Alone in her nearly bare living room, Sinira sat in the old recliner, the only furnishing in the entire room, knees drawn up to her chest, sobbing. Discovering that Melony had gone out was the last straw. The shattered pieces of Sinira lay on the chair, drenched in misery. The urges were ceaseless, refusing to leave the girl alone. Visions of her classmates flooded her mind, visions of what they would look like after she was done with them, and she screamed.

"Please," she pleaded to herself between sobs, "please go away. Please don't make me do it. Please."

The phone on the floor next to the chair rang, brining silence to the room. Through teary eyes, she stared at the blurry phone as it continued to chime. Finally, the machine picked up, and she was treated to the voice of her mother.

"Sinira, it's Clairen. I received another call from the guidence office. If you don't wish to go to school, then stop going. I am far too busy to be bothered with nonsense about you leaving class early. I don't care what you do, just leave Michael and I out of it. This includes ensuring that we do not receive any more calls from your school. Do we understand one another?" The call ended, and the machine beeped.

Pushed over the edge, Sinira was bombarded with emotions. Abandonment, terror, sadness and hopelessness locked her away. Rolling onto her side, she covered her face with her arms and let it all out. She was broken, scarred, lost. Overwhelmed by despair, she cried for hours before passing out. I can't win, were her last thoughts of the day. Mel, what should I do?

3. Steam Giant

Okay! I've decided on an ending! There were a lot of possabilities, but I think I like the one I chose. This won't be the last one, but close to it.

---

Sinira and Bethany looked down at the surface of the card table in Bethany's basement. Upon the surface of this table, two pistols rested. "My dad has more," Bethany said, "but the rest are too large, too powerful, or don't hold enough ammunition." She looked to her companion. "Are you certain that you want to do this?"

"Of course not," Sinira said as her hand moved all on its own, caressing the firearm, "but I don't have a choice. If I don't do something, I could snap and hurt someone I don't want to."

"That works for me," Bethany said with a smile. "You're clear on the plan, right?"

"What is there to be clear on," Sinira asked, retrieving the weapon and inspecting it. "We raise hell in the cafeteria fifth period. The only thing I'm not too sure on is how we're going to get away with it."

Bethany moved to Sinira's side. "Sin, tomorrow will be the greatest moment in either of our lives! We may not survive the aftermath, but everyone dies eventually. If checking out of this corrupt and diseased world early is the price we pay for this crowning achievement, I'd say it's fair payment. So how about it? Are you still in?"

Sinira looked down at her weapon. "If I can save Mel from me by doing this, then yes, I'm in."

"I think she'll understand," Bethany said, placing a hand on Sinira's shoulder. "Besides, she deserves better."

"You've got that right," Sinira said quietly, closing her eyes.

4. TeeBe

Steam! Wow! So chilling...very, very chilling. Kind of makes me want to beat Bethany...

Aprilblue! I LOVE Iron Dreams!!!!

5. aprilblue426

ooooooo...cool story dan. the ending's...PERFECT. couldn't of done it better. heck, i couldn't of done ANY of it as well! u know i'll always come back for more of ur work!

an' teebe, thanx for the comment :grin: i wasn't quite sure 'bout that one, but...i guess it must be better than i thought :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Steam Giant

Thanks a bunch, you guys! ^^

Heh yeah, Beth's a monster. She gave in to the bloodlust, while our protagonist clearly battles it. That wasn't the last installment, by the way ^^ this next one will probably be the ending. Not now, though...it's nearly 7 in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet! :sleep:

7. aprilblue426

well, i wasn't planning on posting this, but...i had positive feedback and i REFUSE to let this thread fall to the bottom!!!!

nothing left

it was never my intention.
    it was all a mistake.
    i never wanted to
    suck you dry.
    run far away
    while you have the chance.
    i'm a big mistake.
    no, you don't understand.
    run far away
    just leave me
    to cry my tears
    to die here
    it was all a mistake.
    i'm a big mistake.
    i guess i'm just afraid that
    tomorrow you could be gone
    nothing left but memories
    nothing so sweet
    to have quenched my
    undying thirst.
    the abuse subsides,
    then it gets worse.
    nothing so sweet,
    nothing i deserve.
    nothing left but dust
    hot and dry
    nothing left but memories and
    a thousand meaningless lines.

8. Alywishous

Hey aprilblue ppl that need this thread wont let it die! Arg!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, this is an amazing thread. When it was started ages ago I thought it wouldn't last. How wrong I was!

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would post here but... my stories are for people ages 18 and over...

11. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After days of an emotional whirlwind I came up with this.

Untitled

I'm obsessively obsessing,
    sitting,
    waiting,
    and contemplating.
    Organizing,
    Analyzing,
    Fantasizing,
    Realizing that prophesizing is not
    where my truth is hiding.

12. Half-Light

This world is killing me
    Why is it burning me
    Every time I finally find an inch of hope?
    Its always taken away from me
    Why won’t society just let me be?
    Why can’t other people see?
    Promised reassurance
    Knocked in the dirt again
    Unwanted for all the “right” reasons
    Excuses, I don’t want to hear them anymore
    “I can’t help you”
    Bullshit is what I think
    But what I think doesn’t matter
    My dignity and pride falling down off the latter

13. aprilblue426

aw, halflight! all ur poems are so good, but they're heartbreaking! lol
    that's all right though, many of mine are as well. ^^

14. Half-Light

I am going through a tough time with myself right now...i get very depressing in my writing lol.

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

Me and my old boyfriend(from when i was Bi) started writing a story together. but it's been months since i talked to him. Last time was right around a month before i joined this site. Soooo I deleted his parts of the story (since our characters had not met yet) and i will post sections of my story. if i get good reviews after the last chapter a post i will write more!: here's
    PT 1

The dark blonde haired girl stood at the edge of the sheer escarpment. Facing down below her, hundreds of feet below her, lay only jagged rocks. A sweet escape from the tragedies of the world. She stretched out her angel wings for the last time and look a running leap off of the cliff and took a few short gust with her wings, and then went limp. She fell through the sky with rapid succession. Feathers began to fall out one by one as she picked up speed. From a distance she appeared as a dying bird falling into the crevasse of the mountain. But no one was able to see her falling to conclude this. She was falling all alone, she felt. She smiled as tears formed in her eyes from the wind and her emotions. She no longer wanted to feel anymore. She closed her eyes. The blur from the colors around her no longer seemed to matter. She prepared to smash into the earth’s surface...

As she was falling, Satan decided that her emotions were vulnerable, her position as a seraphim in the court of Mary made her strong.... He flew in the form of an eagle and caught her as she fell. As is tradition in that world, a world between heaven and earth, she owed the one who saved her half-life a binding debt. She made a soul pact w/ the "eagle", putting some of her blood into a diamond vial, which all the angels of he order carry. The eagle landed, and revealed himself as Satan. B4 she could say anything, she felt a burning pain swallow her body. her wing became dark and bat-like, she grew small horns, her green eyes became a sharp violet... Satan watched as she transformed into a Dark Angel, not a devil, but an emotionally vulnerable seraphim that has made a soul-pact w/ the evil....

16. aprilblue426

well, ur story's got my vote :slight_smile: soooo...i 'spose i can b ur first good review. eh?
    i'll be checking back here every once in a while to read more of ur stuff if u should choose to post it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. aprilblue426

dddaaannn?? *ECCHHHOOO...* where are you?? *wanders off...tryin' to find somethin' better to do than stalk ppl...*

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

He's ummm.... sick.:tears: He should be back in a week or two...:icon_sad:

19. aprilblue426

lol "sick"??
    hmmm...k. guess i'll just hafta sit here missing him til he gets better.
    ...thanx for the update

20. aprilblue426

*GASSSPPP!!!* 200 posts!!! (scratch that...201 posts...i knew that.)