1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jade778, Jul 3, 2018.

1. jade778

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tomorrow I am planning on revealing to my friends that I am bi. I am so scared. Any advice of how to work up the courage to tell them?

2. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @jade778 -
    Breathe. Close your eyes for a moment, if that helps. Speak from your heart and from your truth. You are not trying to convince your friends of anything, but simply giving them some information.
    To get ready, you might write out what you want to say and say it out loud to yourself in a mirror. That way, when you talk to your friends it won't be the first time you hear yourself say the words.
    Good luck. Peace be with you!
    Hugs-
    =Sevn

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    jade778.....Hello and welcome to empty closets. If your friends are really your friends then being Bi should not change that friendship. It will be nerve-wracking...coming out pretty much always is. But as @SevnButton said, take a deep breath and just tell it like it is. Writing down what you want to say and going over it before hand is a very good idea. That will let you collect your thoughts and be sure to include what is important while leaving out unimportant details. Ad-libbing a coming out is usually not as good as thinking it through and preparing first. With the exception of the last two people I have come out to, all of my coming out experiences were planned. I will admit though, that the last two were really awesome. A lot of that is due to having come out enough times (not really very many! :old_smile: ) that I mostly said the same thing each time. So think ahead a little and then go for it!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: