1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Jul 4, 2012.

1. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh here are two more pictures that I've taken, but these has been edited in Photoshop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kem

kem

I like taking photographs. I have a Nikon D7000 and a few lenses. Two kit lenses, 18-55 and 18-105, and a fixed 35mm f/1.8 lens I got for 199€. I mostly use the 1.8 lens.

ec album

Cute ducks by the pond nearby:
    [​IMG]
    My feet:
    [​IMG]

3. BudderMC

Hmm, interesting. Maybe I'll look into it some more. Thanks!

Also, I love that shot of the black swan...

Mind if I ask why? Some sort of thing to watch how it changes over time?

4. Kerploop

I love to take pictures with my canon. It works really great, and zooms up without any need to clear it up. Also, my favorite time to take pictures is in the morning. When everything is clear, quiet, and mildew-y. It's awesome! I have always wanted to go to Africa, and photograph elephants. Elephants are awesome!!!

5. Shevanel

Okay, I uploaded way too many photos now xD Some of them look kinda crappy on EC after the Image Size restraints, but oh well. Some are just plain old crappy too xD Nothing special, just fiddling around with a bit of editing and stuff and as you can see, I really over shoot nature xD I just find it so wonderful and fun to take pictures of. To find beauty in any angle. :3 Lemme know what you think :slight_smile:

Also, it may or may not be anything special or anything, but only 4 of those pics are from a DSLR and they were the ones I uploaded first xD

6. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do a lot of nature photography while I go hiking, mostly plants, wildlife, and landscapes. I currently use a Nikon coolpix (21x zoom), which is nice to carry around on hikes since it's light weight. Someday maybe I'll get a camera with a nice lens attachment, but I wouldn't want to carry something clunky around since I always take my binoculars with me too. It's funny in that I have literally thousands of photos stored on my external hard-drive that I've taken in the last several years, but I have very few photos of myself. I'm usually the one behind the camera.

This relates more to videos than pictures, but all this talk of lenses made me think of "animals close-up with a wide angle lens (+ wearing hats)" on South Park:

Craig Show - Animals close-up with a wide angle lens - YouTube

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I want to get into photography, theres been so many times where I wanted to take a picture of my sight of the environment.

But good cams are too expensive :/

8. BudderMC

That's the exact same with me. I love taking pictures, even of other people, but I hate getting my own picture taken... I find I always end up looking stupid. That's probably because we're our own worst critics though, right?

Anyway, I finally picked up that lens I've been wanting for over a year, so I'm happy. Can't wait to test it out next week ^_^

9. sugarcubeigloo

Wow - looking at some of these photos, there's a lot of talent around here. :slight_smile:

I like to take pictures of things... but nothing like photography.

10. BajanBoy13

For the most part,My mothers a photographer so she shows me how to use her cameras,she has a Canon EOS 5D Mark 2 its soo nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I mostly just take pictures of random stuff.

11. lowdownweather

This first one was taken from a condo building. You can figure out whereabouts roughly if you know the city well:

[​IMG]

The next three are fairly heavily 'shopped. Basically, I took in a RAW file, copied it to a new layer, made the blending mode overlay (this is for the contrast), then desaturate (not completely) and shift the color balance to blueish-cyan.

To add the grain, use a non-destructive filter (or a new layer if you don't that available in your version of Photoshop) to add noise. Make it monochrome with gaussian distribution (makes it look more randomly distributed). Then, do a gaussian blur with a small pixel radius (~0.2-0.3). This takes the noise and makes it a little larger by blurring, making it look like grain.

The results are quite spectacular and absolutely cream anything on Instagram, if I do say so myself. :icon_bigg

Portland Japanese Garden, midday with typical Oregon clouds, which actually make for a pretty sweet free sunlight defuser:

[​IMG]

Oregon Convention Center:

[​IMG]

This one is probably my favorite. Taken about 2-3pm. Definitely the most Minority Report-ish:
    [​IMG]

12. Elicitra

I usually take poor quality pictures of whatever is around me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    chair.JPG

Sorry the picture isn't larger, but I'm tired. And lazy.

13. BudderMC

So I went on an awesome 1am walk to go test out my lens. I'll sort through them all tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to share a couple I particularly liked :grin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. anonymous1

^What lense did you use? They're nice, I like the short focal length.

15. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I love photography! Here's a few of my favorite pictures I've taken :slight_smile:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the camera I have: [​IMG]
    It's a Casio Exilim EX-Z550 :icon_bigg

16. Cascade

I consider myself a photographer, I have a Nikon D50 with a regular lens and a zoom lens for more controlled shoots. I just got a new carry around camera, one that I can slip into a backpack or pocket and not worry about as much and that is a Lumix ZS20.

I have a few examples of pictures in my albums in my profile.

17. TheDifferent13

Those are some really nice photos. I would also like to know what kind of lenses you used for these :slight_smile:.

As for myself, I'm not a photographer, but I am more and more tempted to invest into some good camera and start shooting all over :slight_smile:.

Right now I have a Fujifilm FinePix S9500 and pictures aren't bad, but what I'm really fell in love with was night time photography, which I was playing with the other day, but this camera just isn't capable of making any good shots.

When I was researching about night time photography, I came across some amazing photos made by Ben Canales at Crater Lake National Park, Oregon (I would post a link to his pictures, but I think that would violate EC's rules, so if you're interested, just do a google search of his name and place, and they should be at the top). This is what really hyped me up to try it myself :grin:.

Does anyone have any good ideas about which camera would be great for night time photography and at the same time not bad for other situations for a decent price (up to like 300-400€ - if there is such a camera for such a price lol)?

If I find some worthy photos, I'll post them in my album :slight_smile:.

#37 TheDifferent13, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  18. Sayu

I don't even know. In 2009 I took a photo of this place (which is btw. just behind our house, so I don't really have to go too far) and I loved the colours in this picture, it looks amazing. And when I found that photo in March 2011, I decided to take a photo of it everyday. And it has become a ritual to me. Once I will make a video of these pictures quickly changing :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2012 at 04:54 PM ----------

One of my pictures :icon_wink
    It's not a high quality photo as it was taken with a cell phone. But I still like it :icon_wink

[​IMG]

19. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm feeling better I'll go out and shoot with my Canon S5 which is a P&S but has full manual on it I can put a few extras on it like tele and wide but thats about it

20. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I got a cannon rebel t2i for christmas a few years ago and I love. I'm not exactly a professional but I think my photos are good. I take a lot of my pets
    [​IMG]