1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who put cis on their profile??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Misfit, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Exodrake

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think they are only saying "I'm not trans*" as a fact, not as a passive aggressive attack like you're thinking. They just want to be clear about their identity and mean no harm.

If cisgender people are on a site like this, they are probably trans* friendly and you have nothing to worry about. This is a very safe forum. :slight_smile:

2. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems a bit unnecessary to me; it seems that most trans people identify as trans in the first place, thus without saying you're trans, one can assume that either A) you're cis, or B) you're trans but you consider it irrelevant to the point that you do not specify. Most of the time, A is probably going to be correct. I wouldn't have a problem with people putting "cis" in their profile, it just seems superfluous.

I learned the terms in Latin class. "Trans fluminem" = "across the river". "Cis fluminem" = "on this side of the river." It's too bad that English does not have a single lexeme to translate "cis". How about "becross"?

"The boat is across the river, but I'm here becross the river!" It could catch on :sunglasses:

#22 Libertino, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  3. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only heard of cis gender this past month and I don't know what it means. Some kid on here told me it means you're straight ... Which confused me even more. Then he got banned. So I think he was wrong or just stupid, but probably both.

4. thepandaboss

Yeah, stupid for sure. Cis just means "not trans". So a guy can be gay and cis. :slight_smile:

5. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally now I get it. Okay so then I'm a cis-male but I still don't feel the need to be so specific for whatever reason. Sheesh this month I've been confused reading over people's posts wondering what the hell cis was other than it sounded dangerously close to the word cyst which is unpleasant and totally unrelated.

6. Flowey

I'm suspicious of people who put cis on their profile, as if they are trying to say "Look I'm very socially aware and know the latest buzzword"