1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People disregarding gay rights and coming out as not important anymore

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Stephany

This is true. If a man can hold hands with a man and walk down the street and a women kiss another woman without any negative condemnation, without even a passing glance... then no one would have to say anything about their sexuality because it wouldn't matter at all. Maybe someday that will happen? We can all hope.

2. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    NOOOOOO!!!!! i mean its a good thing if people think its normal, but there is still so much hate!!!!

3. IanGallagher

People said the same things about the other civil rights movements as well. People are up in arms with black people talking about their rights and etc. as well. I wouldn't call it them being 'for' it. I'd call it them just wanting to silence it and ignore it in hopes that it will go away. This is a common practice that every minority runs up against.

#23 IanGallagher, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I look forward to the days when part of growing up normally with a family includes two parents (of whatever gender/sex) being excited at 2 points in their child's life - To know what the Sex of the baby is, and to know what his orientation is :slight_smile:

I would like to see smiling faces of "I hope he turns out gay" or "Nah, I want him to be straight or bi!" playful arguing between two parents. Not just about the intricacies of grandchildren or no grandchildren etc etc, but pure interest and curiosity in their child's development. This is a hard topic for me to approach while being all encompasing or non bias, so I hope people understand what i mean :slight_smile:

I look forward to that future ^_^ but at the time yeah, coming out is hard, so yeah! It shouldn't be taken lightly. Recently, im starting to realize how much my friends really don't know understand what being gay means at all, despite how much they say they understand :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't hold it against them, because obv. they can't exactly put themselves in my shoes Literally xD