Overthinking

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by arealangie, Sep 23, 2019.

1. arealangie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been figuring out my sexual orientation for about a year and a half now, ever since i moves away from home (which makes a lot of sense). After a year I finally decided to come out to my friends as “open” to anything, meaning I was open to falling in love with either a man or a woman. I needed for them to know this even if it was not a specific label yet since growing up in my family I was forced to deny and hide what I always was inside. They reacted well but we didn’t really talk about it after that. Point is now I have come to the realization that I might be a lesbian. However, I am having a hard time dealing with internalized homophobia, and getting over what other people will possibly think of me. My family the most important element of it all, since they are very much christian and I am afraid of what they’ll think of me. I hate reading comments in like lesbian proposals saying things like “ew disgusting” “that is so wrong” blah blah blah. Makes me feel like I’M wrong. Like someday I hope that’ll be me you know? And another thing is having kids. I’ve always wanted to be a mom, and being able to create a human being out of two people that love each other, and I am aware there are methods out there, but idk it just makes me overthink everything. I honestly wish I had people to talk about this, cuz sometimes I just feel so lonely. And it’s so hard even thinking about possibly having a crush on that one girl at work bc what if she likes me back but I’m not enough for her?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey it sounds as though you have been going through quite a bit. Have you tried to talk to your friends about it or has it just not come up?
    I know it is difficult not to think about how your family will react but whilst you are trying to figure everything out it is best if you can try not to worry about it too much.
    There is no reason that you wont find a girl that likes you back, even if it isnt the girl at work.
    Have you considered trying to find some LGBT meet ups or something near where you are? Or if you go to church an LGBT friendly church?