1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overly Controlling Parents

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 5, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would if I had a friend. Ive never had one.

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just going to a lgbt center and pack ur things and go to Los angles

3. Blossom85

First of all, I am so sorry you have to go through all of this Hun, I can't even begin to imagine my parents acting this way and I feel for you, I really do.. I do agree with all of the advise given already.. You are 22 years old.. You are an adult now and I really think you need to start formulating plans of how to get out of that house so they are not spying on you.. Even though you live in their house, you still have your right to privacy.. Is there any family or friends you could stay at whilst saving some money to get other plans in order? It sounds like abuse to me. They may not be physically abusing you, but it is clear it is mental and emotional abuse and not allowing you to be yourself and who you really are.. Anyone who is stopping you from expressing yourself and who you are, you need to get away from.. Even if they are your parents and please.. Never feel like you need to harm yourself.. There is other options if you allow your mind to be open to them.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is very true. I'm so sorry you've never had any friends... that's terrible :frowning2: Getting a job is absolutely imperative. Apply at a grocery store; It's an easy job and you can make 10$ an hour as a cashier. (at least where I live we do) You could also visit a job center and have someone help you find a job.

5. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    10 an hour????? I worked at a grocery store for years and never got more than 7 dollars. I probable could have moved out if I didn't buy groceries for them. They never knew about it, but while they were struggling I helped them out. I kind of regret it now.

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2014 at 09:53 AM ----------

That would be cool except I live all the way across the country and have no transportation.

Also, they said as long as I live here, they're in charge and I dont have privacy. They said that kids could see that I'm transcend, and that would make them all cross dress.

Honestly, at this point I'd just be happy to have a bed. I miss good sleep. I have had horrible dreams and cant sell until around 6 sometimes. And my 8 siblings all run through and wake me up at 7.

Oh, and not being forced to go to church. This damn contract is killing me.

#25 artist92, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u can't meet a stranger to give u a ride ? Or go to bus stations?

7. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont know where to meet strangers, or anybody really. Oh and to top it ALL off. The freaking MAYOR told me on Facebook to start acting like a man and to stop thinking I'm not one. I wish I had one person, ONE PERSON that I know in person who at least doesn't hate me for who I am. He even brought up how my dead grandmother would be ashamed. My life is almost comical. No amount of cutting can even fix this. Im just trying to figure out what I should say in my note. I have no more fight left in me.

#27 artist92, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  8. KayJay

Please do not kill yourself. I have been there, I tried killing myself almost 5 years ago. I am glad I wasn't successful because it gets better. At the time I couldn't possibly imagine it getting better but it does.

Look up to any of your posts and just look at your avatar. Look at your beautiful smile, your pretty face, you look so happy. You are a really pretty woman. You aren't able to be you right now because of your parents so you need to get through this because if you don't that pretty lady won't get a chance to shine. I really hope you find the strength to make the first step to getting out of your awful situation.

We all love you, I sincerely wish I could give you a hug right now.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jesus christ what kind of hell do you live in. Pardon my language but it is crazy that your parents or everyone have put the whole town against you and that everyone feels the need to harass your because of who you are. But I guess that is how some small towns are even thought it is highly unjustified. You are a strong person for going through all of this and to be still be alive. If I were to I would block anyone negative from seeing your facebook so n one can harass for that. What that town is doing to you is beyond criminal its a disgrace and I am sure if the some human rights coalition rights heard your concerns and the horror your living in they would raise havoc on that town. What you can do is contact every human rights group or anyone and tell them your story. Your situation deserves notice and I would think some these organizations would want to urgently help you out.

10. SeaSalt

the Mayor is Involved?!?!?!?

Have you tried selling you story to a newspaper in a more enlightened part of the US?

Im sure a more Liberal state would love to hear about something like this.

11. Really

You have 8 siblings?? Would your parents even notice if you left? Pack a bag, take a bike, ride one town over to a hospital and go into emergency with excruciating stomach pains.
    I see you like your current town but there's no stopping you returning when you feel better and in control. And there's no doubt that somewhere just as nice or nicer exists where you can actually be happy.

You've had any number of suggestions and pieces of advice. You're going to have to do some of this yourself because nobody here can drive by and personally do anything. Not that we wouldn't if we could. You actually can do this. Maybe you don't know it yet so you might have to fake having the strength to do it.

One thing at a time.
    1 Write out your story.
    1b. Call a helpline
    2 Research and pick somewhere to go. Hospital, police station, etc
    3. Pack a bag
    4. Go to the bank and get your money
    5. Choose a mode of transportation
    6. Choose a date and time
    7. Go

You've literally got nothing to lose by getting out.

12. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks y'all. For everything. Im going to set up a gofundme account, and go from there. Im just so scared of moving forward like this. Everyone I know tells me I'm wrong, besides y'all.

13. SeaSalt

Posty posty Link Link when you do

14. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually a good idea! Might give you so much needed support.

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Since you are an adult, they can't call the cops and have them try to capture you. Just go for it! If it helps you feel any better, I would help you out in any way I could if I lived near you (and was out of the house). I would give you money, a place to live, and help you find a job. You just have to take the risk and get yourself out there. It will get so much better if you do.