1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outside opinions on Australia??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kael, Aug 21, 2014.

1. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Just that you need a change in government.

2. Given To Fly

I tend to think of outdoor-type, sun-bronzed cute guys. Who say 'mate' and swear a lot. :slight_smile:

3. Sitri

I feel that my response was taken a bit more negatively than I intended. Big rock was referring to Mount Augustus, the world's largest rock.

Although I do hate the censorship bit. La Dolce Vita was banned! That ban was presumably lifted, but I can't find a date, I just know that you can purchase it in Australia. Though Jerzy KosiƄski's The Painted Bird is still illegal, which I consider a crime against literature and free thought.

4. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Australians are generally lovely ( yes, I know, as a kiwi I'm not supposed to say that). But how such nice people voted in an ignorant @##*&! like Tony Abbott will forever be beyond me ( then again, we're stuck with a sort of Tony lite here, so I can't point the finger).

I'm actually off to Australia on Wednesday to support the Bingham Cup and looking forward to it, even though it's in Sydney ( I far prefer Melbourne).

I don't expect to be attacked by anything nearly as deadly as a taipan or a drop bear, but with a bit of luck I might find some exotic wildlife in my bed at some point ....with teams of gay rugby players from around the world, there might just be a chance for some off field action, LOL