1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out. My boring/confusing-ish story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleek99, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... painted my nails a few days ago with a rainbow... hoping it would be a secret way of expressing myself... but.. nope XD.

It didn't go bad. My parents support me and everything so.. yay. :slight_smile:

Wait, this is getting a little confusing. Here we go:
    School started up again this week.. the day was going OK until I checked my phone (a few minutes before the final bell rang) and saw a few texts from my sister. "Be careful when you get home cuz mom and dad were asking about your rainbow nails o.o dad told me to go with him to pick up our exchange students from school so.. idk wat that means but.. don't die lol." Something along those lines.
    I instantly get all shakey/sweaty/nervous over this... becuz I didn't really know 100% if they would accept me. SO... I drove home (while driving I was deleting a bit of my search history cuz of this forum lol. and nope, didn't crash hah) When I got home my mom was still on a call for her work (thank god) and I was just nervously smiling and shaking and sweating... annnwayyyy.. she gets done with her call and come over to me (sitting on the couch... waiting...) with a big smile on her face. She come to me and grabs my hand "So, why do you have the gay flag on your nails?" and I say (out of nervousness) "Nothing...." as I face away from her.. trying to avoid what's coming. "Are you questioning or..?" "Emm.. no.." "Are you gay? Do you like boys?" "Errrmmmm.. meehhh" I mumbled with an uncontrollable nervous/awkward smile on my face and clammy hands. "Cuz you know what that means right?" she says. "Yeah.." "So tell me. I wanna know these things." "Ehh" I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.. heck, I could barely talk at all XD. "What is it? do you think boys are gross or something?" "Ewdgfu.. this is horrible," I said in a joking-ish way, half laughing from death. "I just don't like guys.." I thought 'FINALLY. WORDS!' then she said "Why? Do you think they're gross or..?" she repeated, still with a smile on her face. "I.." ... "Well.. kinda started thinking about it in the summer..." "Okay.. Well, you're still young so.. you still have time to figure it out." "oy vey.." "Are you sure-" "Yeah, I'm pretty sure.. of myself" "Okay." "..." "Is this because of Glee?" she said jokingly. (Glee is my favorite TV show ;D) and I said "Well.. yes. It helped me realize- But I don't want anyone to think it turned me... 'weird'" "But it did!" She said, again, joking. "Haha just kidding." I didn't reply, just kind of smiled awkwardly... "Soooo... we done?" I said, wishing for her not to ask me more questions. "Yeah.. I think that's all I need to say right now." Yup. She's still smiling. So I roll over on the ground to reach my backpack (kind of acting like I'm dying) while my mom laughs at me, then says something about when she was younger she used to think she was gay because she wanted to be rebellious... and how when when she "found god" that that went away... She also said she doesn't believe people are born with it.. for some reason. (Me, my sister and my mom are Christians)
    So, at this point.. I'm thinking.. 'Crap... does she think this is a sin or something?' But.. that was that.

I'm still not very sure how my dad is taking this but.. hey, what can I do..

If you actually read all this.. kinda confusing story then.. kudos to you. That was my "Kind of coming out, kind of being outed" experience. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This was kinda useless but.. just wanted to put it somewhere.

Lesson of the day: Don't paint your nails rainbow. (even tho there was more that factored into them knowing.)