1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other LGBT members hate me cause of my religion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LGBTinc, Aug 6, 2016.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    long before I came out, I told a very 'religious' person who was going on with god hates gays etc. that she should know that she created her god in her image when he hates all the same things she does.......

then I told her that Jesus told us that God loves all of us, not just the ones that meet her 'standards'.....

you should have seen her face:roflmao:

2. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Episcopal churches tend to be LGBT friendly and it depends on the person. A loving person is a loving person regardless of where they stand between secularism and religion. I have Christian friends and atheist/agnostic friends doesn't matter to me. Atheist myself but I don't agree with shoving my beliefs down others throats so please don't do that to me.

3. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah sometimes it is hard being a lesbian and a Christian but its who i am i get a lot of crap about it too..i didn't choose to be this way. Ive liked girls since i can remember i just didn't know that's what was happening i thought i was just jealous of them

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't hate someone for having a belief, but I cannot say the same for the belief itself due to all the harm it has done and continues to do to civil rights now and throughout history. And the violence. And many things written inside...

Being both a woman and gay, I can't respect the belief but I can however respect the person who has them. I used to be in that very same position many years ago, even if my mind gradually forgets and the memories become more distant. It's been several years now since I read the doctrine in it's entirety and decided it wasn't for me, to say the very least.

So no, I won't hate you for believing whatever you want, but I would encourage you to read it before coming to a conclusion. Read ahead, read the parts they purposefully skip in church. Then you might understand why some of us get frustrated.

Edit: I hope I wasn't too harsh. I'm sometimes brutally honest when in a bad mood.

#24 Kira, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awful, I'm sorry that people would judge you for that. Even if they've had bad experiences with Christianity, it's not okay to judge people for who they are. Just know that there are plenty of gay Christians, and people who aren't gay Christians who support you.

6. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi LGBTInc... I'm Wiccan and I understand how it feels for someone to come right out and say "I hate your religion" but I agree with a lot of the other members when they say it's a closed minded uneducated attitude not expressed by everyone. Besides, from what I understand it's not the teachings of their God... just how the 'humans' have interpreted/perverted the message. I'm quite sure the LGBT members who have said this to you have had bad experiences with Christianity and it's clouded their view on things. They're only human after all. Bright Blessings!!!!