1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OS Mountain Lion??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BradThePug, Jul 26, 2012.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am currently using OS Lion on a mid 2011 macbook pro. I was wondering if anybody on here knew anything about OS Mountain Lion. I also wondered if it is worth updating to.

2. SunSparks

If I was using a Mac, sure, I would do it. Especially as a college student carrying a macbook everywhere... it would be nice with the notifications and cloud syncing. Its only $20, which is like 2-3 hours on a job, which is not bad :slight_smile:

3. starfish

I've upgrade on of my MacBooks. So far no problems. I am holding off on upgrading my work one as there is a know compatibility problem with one of the Apps I use.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok cool, I think that I might do the upgrade soon then. I was just wondering if there were any bugs in it. The only bug that I could find was the airplay thing.

5. EarthIntruder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just purchased it and it's downloading now. I heard that it's basically Mac OS X turned into iOS, which is great because I love the user-friendlyness of iOS in general!

6. timo

My Macbook still runs on OS Leopard... oops. And I'm not going to upgrade it. A friend of mine wanted to update from Leopard to Snow Leopard the other day but somehow his Macbook completely crashed. He had to completely reinstall EVERYTHING. No way I'm going to risk that.

7. kellymporta

@timo you should always backup your files before upgrading. Anyway, I've heard that it's usually better just to do a clean install than an upgrade.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've updated it now, it's great so far. I didn't have any problems with it. I did back up all my files before I did the update though. I did not want to lose my stuff..

When I first got my MacBook it had snow leopard on it. I had the free update for lion so then I installed it.

So.. Alla in all, I think that this was a pretty decent update. I wish powernap would work on my macbook though..

#8 BradThePug, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  9. Pain

Pain Guest

Similarly, does anyone know if MacBooks purchased after 25 July are given OS X Mountain Lion automatically, as that's when it was released?

10. Jared

I personally like the update except for the fact that the battery life on my macbook pro is a lot shorter on Mountain Lion than on Lion.

11. Pain

Pain Guest

I just bought my own MacBook Pro :grin: Today, in fact, and I'm posting from it :grin: It hasn't come with OS X Mountain Lion, but I can get a free update like tomorrow.