1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Oregon district gives teachers the okay to give 6th grade students condoms

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rosepetal, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids, humans, until taught otherwise go by instinct. Sex drive kicks in around junior high yeah?

2. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I remember some old schools my friends used to go to, the nurses office would have condoms if a student... or pair of students, would ever need them. I don't feel like it's encouraging sex, it is simply there to keep them "protected" for lack of a better word. If kids are going to do it, they might as well not fuck up their lives before it even begins.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This really doesn't go far enough. The number of people they have to go through will be too discouraging. Condoms and lubricant mustn't be limited at all. They're having sex, and I don't think any pre-teen or teen wants to anounce to staff who don't need to know that they're sexually active.

4. starfish

I'm 33. A girl I went to school with, her oldest is in his Sophomore year of college.

She was 12 when she got pregnant and I remember becoming curious about sex at that age. I grew up in a small conservative Texas town and we had sex ed twice. The first time was in the 4th grade. The second time was sometime in middle school, my memory of that one is a little hazy, but I want to say it was 7th grade, but could have been 6th. There were condoms available and they showed us how to use them.

So doesn't really seem odd to me.

5. Ravi-VIXX777

That's wayyyy too early to think about sex. Just enjoy being a kid without doing stuff with lifetime consequences.

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree they are just kids not mature sharp adults like us.