1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange is the new black

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sugarskull, Apr 14, 2014.

1. NoaWinchester

Just finished it today, I love it! It's so awesome, I can't wait for the second season.

2. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just binge watched Season 2... how did you all like it? Wow, just wow. Not as much lesbian loving, but that just shows thats not what its completely about.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I really liked it though I could have done without Vee. She was too much. I hope she isn't in season 3. I'm happy that balance was restored to the inmates lives. I thought it was funny when Nicky and Boo were having that sex competition. I'm glad that Fig is gone too. Hopefully Caputo can turn Litchfield around.

4. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually really like Caputo, besides the masterbating thing. LOL. Yea VEE was a little annoying, so was how she turned Crazy eyes. I used to like her.

5. Yosia

Im going to watch like all of it next week because i finished school XD

6. 741852963

I think the diversity of representation of LGBT women in the show is quite refreshing. From Piper to Boo to Sophia.

Also I have a bit of a crush going on Morello and Bennett! :grin:

7. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I have a crush on Nicky! I like her sense of humor:slight_smile:

8. TurtleCat

I binge-watched the new season this weekend. Loved it!! Can't wait for Season 3.

I was a little disappointed that there was less Piper+Alex this season. But it had a lot of upsides to make up for it. I enjoyed how it fleshed out a lot of the characters and gave them more backstory. Morello's was pretty shocking, I have to say I didn't expect that. Also, the premiere episode was amazing.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

The twist with Morello definitely surprised me. I really don't like Vee at all. And I'm hoping to see more of Alex next season

10. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too!

I binge watched the season in two parts.. I just wonder what is the point of waiting the season for half a year and then watch it immediately :---D Anyway, loved it! It's absolutely brilliant how diverse the cast is! Now waiting for the third season, hope to see more Alex :wink:

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I love the show, I just watched the third episode and I'm already hooked. The only thing I'm curious about is that she says "I'm not a lesbian anymore". How does that work exactly? Wouldn't she be a bisexual? I'm not sure if they go in to more detail later that explains the phrasing.

12. KayJay

I love it as well, I watched all of season 2 in a day lol. Probably a bad idea looking bad but I can't help it!

A friend just lent me the book it was based off of so I am going to be reading that soon as well.

13. Acm

Acm Guest

A lot of characters on the show treat their sexuality as either "lesbian" or "straight girl that experiments" even though several characters are clearly bisexual. In season 2 they finally use the word bisexual though...I think it's more of a character thing, maybe they're trying to be realistic since many people in real life don't consider bisexuality real :confused:

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Maybe it's a realism thing, but I think a more likely explanation is that the writers don't think bisexuality is a real thing.

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

For season 3 I plan on watching it within a week instead of four days. It's just so hard because it's so good!

16. Tim

Tim

Or you know, they don't want to admit they like girls in a women's prison where hooking up is extremely common and they don't wish to? >_>

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Good point Tim. I just watched the episode with the chicken, Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed like that in so long. Red said something like "If the latinos get the chicken they'll probably do something superstitious and drink it's blood or something. I just want to eat the chicken that is smarter than the other chickens and absorb it's power" Wow.

18. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I liked it but I feel like nothing happened this season, like I mean things happened but by the end we were basically back to where we were at the beginning and it just didn't feel as interesting? I mean there was a lot of cool character back stories and interactions but.... it just kind of lacked something that hooked me onto season 1.

19. AngelAceRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG this show is amazing. I am so jealous of the chemistry between Piper and Alex. Yummy is an understatement! And the rest of the show is very brilliant too. But Piper and Alex.... they are incredibly delightful to watch! I'm almost through with season 2 and am sad I have to wait a few months for season 3 ... oh the suspense!

20. MermaiidLadii92

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Poussey impressed me. I would of pegged her for the stereotype girl from the hood trying to keep up with the boys. Speaking in another language was kind of attractive.