1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Openly gay teachers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ccdd, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Nick

My English teacher is and he's awesome.

No-one gives him shit about it which is the ultimate in awesomeness (well, I think it is anyway).

2. curiousdude

I had several gay teachers in high school, but it didn't seem to help the students much. In my 4 years there was a solitary guy who was outed by a friend he confided in (apparently not as good a friend as he thought). Thinking back it's really strange because they were so me of the most popular teachers.

Hopefully your teacher will help students who are trying to cope by being so bold and open!!

3. Mickey

I actually had 4 or 5 teachers who were gay,throughout my years in school.
    My P.E. teacher in Jr. high was a lesbian! I think it's a rule or something!
    I actually saw a teacher (male) I had in 5th grade,in a gay bar! We had a blast all night,dancing & raising hell! It was awesome! None of my teachers were out. It was the 70's and you just didn't do that then. I'm happy that teachers can't be fired for being gay,anymore. I DO think it helps gay students feel more comfortable.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish my year 9 PE teacher had been a lesbian. She was really hot, and she was straight. There were rumours about one of the other sports teachers being a lesbian, but they were never confirmed.

5. Nodnarb

My k-3 PE teacher was a lesbian. Didn't know it until later, of course. There are rumors about a couple female teachers, and there is one other teacher that I'm fairly sure is gay. Just a gut feeling with him. We had a teacher 2 years ago who was openly gay, but he moved. I've been told that the new art teacher is gay, but I don't know him at all.

6. MateoBoi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahh. . .

Rumors were always around when I was in high school . . . however, I remember during my freshman year, my computer systems teacher left us in the first month of school to follow a better job at another school . . . funny thing was, our replacement teacher left us soon after. Apparently, the two were a lesbian couple and wanted to work at the same school.

7. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Old middle school principal was gay. He just realized it a few years ago, but he's kool. I like him. :slight_smile: (not like that though, he's like 50)

8. Miles D

A guidance counselor from my high school was seen at Disneyland's Gay Day with his boyfriend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And here there are millions of gay teachers and people. Our (woman) provost is married (to a woman). My seminar teacher is gay and he has a "life partner" or husband. And two chic RDs (residence directors) were dating each other. And probably tons of teachers and people are gay..
    :grin:

9. musican

Everyone thinks that our history teacher is a lesbian, and she's very vocal about her opinion on gay rights, but so aren't a few of the other history/social studies teachers, and she's never said that she's gay. I personally think that the long term substitute for our math teacher is gay, but I've never talked with anyone else to see if they thought that too and I'm not confident with my gaydar.

10. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some reason, it seems like the whole music/arts department at my school is gay. I am pretty sure that the orchestra/band teacher and the chorus teacher are going out. Also, the teacher that directs the school play supposedly came out to a group of students.

11. silentsound

Wow that's great! There are two gay teachers in my school. I have never had either of them so I don't know if either have actually said it, but it is such common and consistent knowledge that it is more than a rumor.

12. davo-man

My IT teacher was a lesbian and her partner taught English at my sister's school. A male music teacher was also gay, however I never had a class with him. Unfortunately, it's legal in SA to fire homosexual employees from a religious based school, and it's not classified as discrimination, and I think this is why neither of them were open about it.

Actually, now that the male teacher doesn't work there, his Facebook is A LOT gayer...eg Many Wicked or RENT references etc...I've got a feeling his sexuality may have been a reason for his leaving or something

13. riddlerno1

A couple of years ago i found out my science teacher had come out as transgender (MTF). My sister was at the school at the time and they sent out information to the parents about this. I think it was very considerate of them to do this and showed the schools ability to react in a positive way to this. I think there was no major backlash from the parents and i think he is still teaching at the school.

14. lordjord96

mr art teacher is a lesbian

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know for sure but I swear the music tech guy at my school is gay. I mean, he files his nails so...yeah...

16. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    my english techer is Bi hes not out to anyone but me xD .... he can / will get fired if that gets out... oh and on ofe the shiekhs sons is bi to xD

17. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Oh really?! Shouldn't that be a massive secret then? I mean, what with Dubai being homophobic and all...

18. EM68

My principal in elementary school I later found out is gay. He left his wife and soon after that he "retired". I always thought it was fishy.

19. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    well he only told a close amount of friends. there are actually alot of homosexuals in UAE that are local..

20. clip555

clip555 Guest

We had a gay music teacher, everyone was homophobic to him, made me feel kind of uncomfortable in the class