1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only the Lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sebby45, Apr 1, 2017.

1. broken911

same here. i dont think i could handle rejection anymore. its why i push away from people. ive been rejected in high school when i tried making friends. that was when ive had it. its why the internet is an awesome place to make friends, because you will talk with people who understand you.. its easier to find people online than in real life

2. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As said in an earlier post I can totally relate to a lot of what has been said here. I have very few people in my life due to my own issues & shutting people out. I don't really see anyone regularly & am that friend that seems to cancel or make excuses not to hang out even though I desperately want to. My depression & anxieties are crippling some days. Even online I find it difficult. There have been many times, both in real life & online, that I have wanted to contribute to conversations & just can't bring myself to do so. As much as I like to think I have a strong, carefree, don't give a crap type attitude I think it comes from a deep seeded fear of being judged. I don't know how to get out of this huge whole in my life I've dug myself into. It's so bad that I don't like myself at all any more. I have a young son & this is not the example I want to be setting for him.

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know all about the cancelling meet ups.

Are you seeing a therapist? If not, maybe it will help a little with the anxiety/depression aspects. And there is no judgement in a therapy session. It might help with your concern for your son too. Only problem is you have to commit. No cancellations.

I just thought that might be a valid option for you, since your loneliness seems to stem from these issues.

Sebby (*hug*)

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi sweetie I read your post. Your situation sounds like what I actually go through when I try to talk to people/strangers and even my own so called family. Honestly I can't stand em. Anyway I have trouble taking to people so after awhile I stopped trying.

I guess my best advice is just do you. Be yourself. If you meet somepony and you hit it off, great. If not, no big loss you know? Might be disappointing but not really a big loss if you really didn't feel like it wouldn't have worked out anyways. I'm sorry that has been happening to you. Wish I could say more.

5. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have in the past but it has been years. I believe in therapy & have been thinking of going back for quite a while now. It's just a matter of taking the first step. I think once I get back into it committing won't be a problem.

I appreciate the response. Its nice to feel like at least someone is listening. Loneliness sucks. Hopefully together we can all get through these issues.

6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad you have had that support in the past. Trying again would be a good step. I'm also open to listening, so you are free to message me at any time. I'm glad this has helped you in some way. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2017 at 09:00 PM ----------

Seems like being yourself is the hardest thing to do in this world! But thanks for your words of encouragement. You are right. If you meet people and they brush you off, they aren't worth your time. :slight_smile:

7. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is such a good thing for me to see right now. Like, it's super sad that so many people feel lonely, but at least I can see that I'm not alone in my loneliness (ha-ha).

I keep somehow losing my friends, not even because I shut them out - it just happens. One friend moved away for uni, one friend got a girlfriend and dropped me like a hot potato, I dated a friend and now that that's over we don't really talk anymore, and I have to take a break from my remaining good friend who lives in the same area because I have unrequited feelings for him.
    I feel like there's no one left. I have a couple friends I really like but they don't live in the same country and it's hard to stay in touch all the time.

Anyway, I guess we're all in the lonely people-club together. I wish I had some advice but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost myself :dry:

8. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

That has to be tough seeing everyone slip away. Who knows, maybe it is an opening for a new friend?

Yep. I think this thread has become a club thread. You are certainly not alone in this. I'm rooting for you.

Best wishes,

Sebby45

#28 Sebby45, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  9. Random Wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess ill join this lonely club too and ramble a bit because i cant sleep and i feel the same way you people do. Maybe it might help someone else out.

I graduated high school with barely any connections because i have social anxiety. Our class would do things together like have little meetups and i would sometimes say i would go but i was too afraid to even though i knew everything would be fine. So now im here without any real direction or friends while being too poor for collage and i live in a quiet place where not much happens so its hard to find new people. (Also all the jobs are taken)

But its fine because i know im not alone in this feeling and sometimes you just need to realize that (I know i need to). Well im sure we will eventually find more connections but it takes time.

Thanks guys for being lonely. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the club, Random Wolf. (*hug*)

Realizing we are not alone in our loneliness helps a bit, but it is hard sometimes to move forward. Just reading these posts, I see how much we have in common with each other. It is like we are predisposed to this somehow. Not fair!

Best Wishes,

Sebby (aka The Club Leader :lol:slight_smile: