1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg he added me on fb!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rockgodgx, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Gen

Gen

Well I would at least reply to his comment saying "Oh, its nothing negative or wrong with you", because if he doesnt assume you meant because you like him, that would be kind of insulting o.o

2. Ianthe

^^Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. He might think you actually don't want to see him, that wouldn't be good. I wish I knew what that emoticon means.

":x" apparently can mean speechlessness (which would make no sense there), trying not to puke (which also makes no sense in that context) or kissing--which would be really surprising but would actually make sense. Does anyone have any other meanings for that emoticon?

When is kareoke happening?

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At least where I come from,":x" means something like I'm implying something or sortof saying something that I'm actually not "supposed" to say.. like.. "I just said/implied this, but shh no one heard it."
    It's kinda hard to describe what it means exactly, hope that ^ made it sortof clear.

4. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so should i still keep on riding till he cracks?? cos right now i think he's trying to be cute??

that'd be weird my lesbian friend told me to provoke it like do cheesy lines or compliment him which i can't cos i might sound sarcastic.

i'll be like
    me:Are you trying to be cute??
    him: y??
    me: cos it's working

5. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and if thats what that emoticon means than i rather run for the hills cos he knows.... :tears: so embarassing stupid...stupid ...stupid:bang:

6. Ianthe

There were several explanations for the emoticon. The ones that seem possible based on context do not indicate an unfavorable response.

Why are you upset about him knowing? I mean if he's at least kind of okay with the idea. He doesn't seem bothered.

Did you see him today?

When is karaoke?

7. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no... but that message was pertaining that hes flirting and wants to see me.... well because like he said gay guys flirt on him more than women, and i dont wanna be one of those gay club promoters who flirt wit him.... which we talked about
    "hey man, how come gay men tend to hit on me more than women??"

secondly it's on the 29th...
    and third he sorta kinda hit on me cos he's the one doing the moves?? i guess well if he's gay but idk..... gawd...

#27 rockgodgx, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  8. Ianthe

Did you explain that women probably expect him to do the pursuing? Because that's probably the reason they don't hit on him as often.

That would have been a good opening to flat-out ask him about his sexual orientation, by the way--"Would you prefer it was women hitting on you?"

Karaoke is not until the 29th!?! That is too far away, you should invite him to something sooner.

9. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No i didn't plus i still think he's straight cos of the tone of his voice, the way he talks, the way he walks, and the way his aura approaches me.

Although, it was quite weird that he was whooping at me crazily when it was my time to do my presentation I was quite nervous his cheering me on. He wasn't doing that to the other people in class. He was critiquing on everyone except my work so it's weird. Nice of him to cheer me on when I'm nervous, but it was awkward cos he's embarrassing me *rolls eyes* but you have to admit i kinda died on the inside.

Well I would probably ask him what' are his intention , Because he's kinda weird to just "be friends". He's giving me weird signals that I still do not understand what they are. I know what the signals are but it's confusing cos he approaches me as a "straight guy".

yes it's on the 29th i'll see what i can do today. cos were in art class together

#29 rockgodgx, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  10. Lewis

Trust me, the following do not determine sexual orientation (they can, but not always); the way someone talks, walks and their 'aura'. I know plenty of gay people that I didn't believe were actually gay at first, I'd be like, 'you're joking? you're not really gay are you?' and they were.

Also I think people who are in the closet longer develop their straight-acting skills, I certainly have. Just go with it, because he seems interested. You wouldn't pursue it if you didn't have your doubts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and he called me dude *face palm. smh* i think im in the friendzone with a 'straight guy"

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2012 at 06:53 AM ----------

true but is it normal to feel weird with a guy who kinda does extra stuff for bering "friendly" with me.:dry:

12. Ianthe

Yes, see what you can figure out for this week. The guy is being super friendly to you, at the very least. You should feel confident that he will be willing to hang out.

There is no reason to assume he's straight based on those things you mentioned. If the simplest explanation for his behavior is that he's hitting on you, then he probably is.

It seems like he is definitely treating you differently than other people. If you and he were really good friends, cheering you on like that would make sense, but you aren't--you still hardly know each other.

I think he may have wanted to see you yesterday, hence his "maybe today" message. Possibly you should have responded to that with, "wait, did you want to see me today?"

Ask him today in class if he wants to hang out with you today. Or just text him right now and say, "Do you want to get coffee after class today?"

13. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we might i'm not assuming but might see each other before class we have this thing called "meet the professors" event, which meet our professors and chat with them bout the class. and theres gonna be like free ice cream and shit! if my prediction is right.... well hopefully *fingers cross*:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2012 at 09:50 AM ----------

oh yeah in karaoke night he told me he's gonna bring a friend over... a "chaperon" really?? its probably the girlfriend>> who knows....:dry:

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2012 at 09:55 AM ----------

and is it weird i responded with "I'll see you tomorrow =D or today who knows =X"
    is "yeah =D you too..." the fuck... that's so dorky and weird

#33 rockgodgx, Sep 11, 2012
  14. Ianthe

Why not text him and ask if he's going to the ice cream thing?

Don't worry about the texting. It's not that big a deal.

15. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dont have his cell yet only his fb who knows i might get it tonight

16. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok we saw each other in the event thing i was like with my girl friends,when i saw him I was like "girl he's right there black top BROWN PANTS!!"*on panic mode*.My friends can tell i was in panic mode cos i was scooping fake ice cream real fast that from an empty cup. Well I think he saw me first but i wasn't looking at him i was looking at my side and i can actually see him from that angle. He saw them looking at him and when he was bout to approach us i think, but i'm not assuming he went to go talk to me. Anyways because of my awkwardness i was like "girls lets move to that side", and i think he heard it and he went to say hi to some random people behind us. And went to me and punched me on my side and said "hi will" *smiles* and my friends were like looking at us all weird. I think he might have noticed that and I gave him an awkward hi back at the same time acting like i'm busy and when he left i was like running wild it feels like an awkward silence between us says my friend the tension is like super high....

Anyways is the punch on an arm thing kinda of a he wants to touch u signal or.... were friends signal?? Although did he really followed me or i was assuming he's gonna follow me??

and I'll let u know what happens after art class cos so far i see awkwardness in my future.

#36 rockgodgx, Sep 11, 2012
  17. Ianthe

So, he came over an approached you, again, and you didn't engage him. Again. Oh, dear, you're as bad as me.

And he addresses you by name every time. Does he do that with other people?

18. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    idk.... in my class just me?? but in facebook he calls me "dude"

19. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    after what happened today i don't like him anymore, first of all carried me and put me to his jeep and forced me to drive it cos i told him i dont know how to drive anyways i got scared told him that "i 'm never speaking to u again" and he replied "of course you are cos im your best friend??" and pinches my cheek .... i was like wtf...... and after he told me that he can make me do what he wants me to do.... and that's me think he's crazy i was like ignoring right after cos i got pissed cos i was scared.... and then i was avoiding him completely he was like walk over and said" hey i have a movie thing with my friends at my house wanna come??" i said no i was like leave me alone go away.... and he started saying like "or i can take u"... i told him no i have ton of home work and he hugged me "u suck man", and" i was like leave me alone" and he went all psycho like "kid don't do that to me i can take u" i replied by looking at him almost teary eyed telling him that i'm not afraid of him i think he was joking when he said that though or not idk well he raised his arms to give me a hug i was like "no i dont like hugs" well he hugged me anyways and said "u'll like mine" i told him to go and leave me alone and he puts his hands on my shoulder telling me "were friends" i was like " no you're a stranger to me" cos i was pissed off.

all i can say is he might be a psychopath that i need to avoid, but he might be just kidding to tell me that cos he wants to know me more. and he's touching me i'll tell you that but i'm not sure if i'm ever talking to him ever again.

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2012 at 09:50 PM ----------

anyways we'll see on chapter 3....

#39 rockgodgx, Sep 11, 2012
  20. Ianthe

Wow.

He forced you into his jeep? Really? Did you tell him he scared you?