1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympics and its athletes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silkfrog1292, Jul 28, 2012.

1. armsoutfarther

I love watching the different sports and people from other countries. And maaaybe for some of the athletes.

2. Just Adam

Been watching diving all day. Oh my those bits of sting you cann trunks are obscenely low lol

3. qboy

Normally the only sport I watch on TV is Formula 1 and the bobsled at the winter olympics, but these games I have been watching a fair bit (it has been nearly impossible to avoid them - BBC News 24 and East Midlands Today have been on an Olympics love in, I have ended up watching Al Jazeera and E News Africa just to see what else is going on in the world).

I swear the person behind the cameras normally puts the "censored" captions on TV as the captions have been doing a good job of hiding any clothing being worn by the divers.

Boy are the divers hot - watching Sacha Kline and Matthew Mitchem in Bejing got me back into swimming (I know not exactly the same sport!) for the first time in over 15 years, and although I've since lapsed I might be going back again, and this time it's Chad Le Clos, Ryan Locthe, and David Boudia's fault!

I've tuned into the mens swimming and diving intentionally, initially for the fitties but have actually got drawn into the whole sporting aspect of it all - even shed a little tear watching Chad Le Clos :tears: celebrate his victory over Michael Phelps, and was torn at the end wanting Tom Daley to bring home gold for Team GB and also wanting David Boudia to take home gold as he had been putting on an amazing performance all night. Watching Martin Wolfram after his final dive was heart breaking - you could tell he'd been trying his best to suppress his pain for a while and for him to only come away in 8th wasn't what he deserved.

I've also ended up watching some of the other events when my housemates have had them on - including Mo Farrars amazing 1500m win and even women's BMXing, and even though I'm not a fan of gymnastics watching clips of Sam Oldham's performance on the local news was impressive too. It really is amazing what they manage to achieve, will no doubt end up watching the paralymics on Channel 4 and being even more amazed.

Team GB have really shown what this country can achieve - BBC Sports Personality of the year should be really interesting this year!

Even though the press have been up to there usual tricks and trying to find one of them doing something stupid they have failed miserably - you know when the worst photo they can find is one of our athletes smiling with her friends and there just happens to be someone else's fully clothed bum in the background they have been showing the country what real idols are (and not the usual drunken football prima-donna louts). I feel sorry for the Belgian cyclist who drank too much and wet himself, any other sporting event and that would have been completely ignored, but as the Brits have been well behaved his picture (of his very wet crotch and being dragged by two of his team mates) has ended up being splashed all over the papers.

4. Emberstone

I watch gymnastics for two reasons: One, it takes a level of athleticisem few people alive posess, and Two, I wish I had a body like that; I am getting close to having the gymnist look, but not yet as trim, and I could stand to pack on a bit more mass.

5. Caudex

Caudex Guest

But Lochte is a total nutcase who's arrogant to boot…

Anyway, Tom Daley definitely wins here.

6. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I genuinely only attracted to the swimmers. Micheal Phelps is not on my list. :dry: