1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd things about you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. b0i70y

I absolutely abhor mixed drinks - I'll only drink beer or straight liquor. (Whiskey's my fave.)

I hate cotton candy, sugar cubes, and I'll almost never add salt to anything. My tastebuds are super sensitive so a little goes a long way for me.

I love being random.

2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consistently eat with my knife and fork reversed: knife left, fork right. If it's just a knife, I take it in my right hand, but when there's a fork involved I just can't.

A am such a fanatical soccer fan, I've broken quite some valuable things and yelled at people like a crazy person in the heat of the game.

I absolutely love anything with chocolate. I think I'm worse than the average woman.

I only wear dark socks, I hate white ones!

Yeah I think that's pretty much it :slight_smile:

3. needshelp

before i get up and do what i have to do, here's a couple of things

i have this whole magical thinking, superstitious thing concerning the time, the color of cars, looking for letters in words such as y, a, and n. probably might be ocd related, i'm not sure. i also leave the curtains to my window open thinking to let the light in thinking that it's going to keep me from being depressed or whatever.

i also have a tendency to jump around my room and on my bed even when i listen to music. i've tried to stop and so far, i've managed to control myself for over a week even though i was about to do it last night.

i talk out the side of my mouth, my mouth twists itself to the right and i also tend to make faces without knowing that i'm doing it. also in photos when i smile, my mouth twists itself to the look so i look weird. also i'm completely unaware of my facial expressions. some people say i look happy when i'm really sad and others say i look mad when i'm actually happy or calm.

i get mad, sad, or whatever for no reason and sometimes the littlest things can set me off. i also tend to overexaggerate things and make them worse than they are. i'm really good at that.

i talk in a lot of slang, sound very uneducated and talk like i'm a rapper even though i have a college degree and never grew up in the ghetto or around thugs. i pretty much allowed myself to go to crap.

i'm very laid back, lazy and usually need to be yelled at or told off in order to do something.

there's more to this list. i'll add on later.

4. FJ Cruiser

I study geography obsessively, and I know my cardinal directions practically at all times. I've been known to correct natives on the geography of their hometown/state/country, and I can often talk about places I've never been to as if I've lived there before. My parents bought a GPS a few years ago, but they ditched it. I could give better directions because the constantly changing road systems mess up the GPS's instructions.

That segues into the fact that I have very weird sense of "topographical feng shui" as I call it. The topographical layout of a place will often affect my opinion of it in a way that doesn't make sense to anyone else. I could describe it, but I'd just be talking gibberish to you.

5. Elicitra

I always open the doors in my house with my feet

I have my clothes color/occasion coordinated

I have jars of peanut butter in my room all over the place

I don't like ketchup (people seem to think this is odd)

6. stephaniko

when I play video games by myself I talk to the characters in a scottish accent (I'm american) yet I cannot do a scottish accent any other time.

7. Cnidocyte

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aside from the parts of me of which there is only one the other parts all come in pairs and are therefor even in number.

I almost never use contractions.

I believe that there are designated right and left socks.

I cannot sit 'normally' my legs are always crossed or folded under me somehow.

I will occasioanlly talk to myself.

8. Chickzak

You dont like ketchup?! I have ketchup on everything! xD

9. Harve

Once upon a time, I took it upon myself to write a 4000 word essay in a subject that I've never studied (linguistics) written in a language that I'm not really fluent in (French). Whilst this may be only a slightly disastrous and odd move for a normal person to make, I am the king of procrastination and thus the decision is all the more baffling and the consequences all the more severe. I've still allowed myself to have a social life, sort of. I'm at a friends house, having brought my laptop to finish it. How unsociable! Obviously, I'm not even doing it right now and am procrastinating by making this post. FML.

Therefore I consider myself to be seriously odd.

10. canguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I follow american politics religiously yet I'm Canadian. I brush my hair and then mess it up before putting my hat on so no one can tell I brush my hair. Even though my first name starts with a T, I sign my signature with a J. I cannot shower without music playing. I am simply just odd.

11. steel03

I do this too... I don't know why it's so interesting to me, but it is.

I've ridden precisely 223 different roller coasters. Most recent new addition to the count is Afterburn at Carowinds in Charlotte, NC. I've been obsessively interested in roller coasters and amusement parks since I was about 3, and today I'm a card-carrying member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts.

12. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I do that too if my mom's not watching. I also have a tendency to kick my own door open. Makes me feel like Chuck Norris or something.

In normal life, I am an extreme pushover that hates taking charge and will avoid all responsibility if it means no one will put me in the spotlight, but when kissing I turn into some insane power monster. Must be the French in me. :grin:

I got mono for Valentine's Day. Well actually she's a plush of a little disease thing magnified a million times. I've named her Mony Mony.

My ringtone is Cartman saying "NO KITTY! This is MY pot pie!" And Kyle is my favorite South Park character. That and the Devil.

13. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg that's the best idea I've ever heard! I'm gonna go get a Cartman ringtone! :lol:

Kyle's my favorite character by far too, I love that little Jew! :grin:

#33 justinf, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  14. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I have an Australian accent when I say words with “o” at the end though I’m North American. I looked it up and it’s called “Foreign Accent Syndrome” however, I don’t have a developmental problem nor have I ever had a stroke (thank God and may God forbid it)- it’s more of 'I learned from watching television, specifically foreign shows'.

I dare you, ask me a question you know I will say “No” to and hear it for yourself ie;

“Do you think Justin Timberlake is a good actor?"

#34 Messed Up, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  15. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Token and Saddam are better. :lol:

Weird about me? I never touch public door handles with my bare hands. :rolle:

I also know about 95% of the capitals in the world.

I LOVE the smell of mushrooms (cooking), but I hate the taste.

16. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nahh! I'd argue Butters and Cartman, though :lol:, but that's really it.

17. Elicitra

i straighten my hair at 4am

18. silkfrog1292

I'm like that too. I hate being told i'll be the leader or be in charge of something, but when i'm with someone i'm close with (like my crush) I would get upset if they don't listen to me or follow my decisions....I'm just weird:icon_redf

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself to be my own therapist whenever times are tough. Seriously, I have this visualisation where I'm in an office sitting in a chair talking to some stranger opposite me. It's like talking to myself, but imagining that the part of me that has my head screwed on is another person telling the confused part of me to sort my life out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. sugarcubeigloo

Whenever I'm cooking alone, I always talk to myself and pretend I'm on one of the those cooking segments during a talk show. It helps me concentrate, and also not over/under cook anything.