1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocd

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ORly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have diagnosed OCD, though I'm mostly in remission. I still have flares ups every now and then.

2. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have OCD; I have obsessive worrying.
    It mostly affected me in my early to mid teen years; I would worry about being cheated on and constantly stalked or bugged my girlfriends. How I even got them to be my girlfriend is beyond me haha.
    After that, I had obsessive worry about being diagnosed with a term an illness and I constantly worried I would die.
    Anyways, it's a habit that I'd tried at least 2 dozen types of medication and finally came to my "happy pills": Fluvoxamine (Luvox), and Wellbutrin.

3. Wrongdaytodie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I have pure ocd. I hate it. I wish I didn't have it.
    its like my brain is stuck at thoughts.

5. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I don't have anything diagnosed, but I have very OCD like behaviors. I need things to be even or in order. I'm that type of person that if I books in a library out of order, I would feel the need to find the right place for them, or if I see a teacher with a messy desk, I feel like, anxious staring at the mess and how everything is not in order. Funny thing is, I don't do that for my stuff, I look at all my things out of order and I don't feel the need to fix it, but when it comes to everyone else's things, I do. I don't know how to explain that. I also obsess over the same things over and over again. Like, right now, I'm thinking about one thing that I don't know what it is, and I constantly think about it, and try to guess what it could be, and I know I'm going to do it everyday until I find out. It's annoying, and I most likely do have OCD.

6. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

Your right. I constantly think about one thing and it gets stuck in my mind. If I don't think about it, I get uncomfortable and my brain gets tired unless I retrace my steps in my thoughts and the ocd goes away. I'm trying light therapy. it affects seritonin levels which I have I guess imbalanced.

7. alwayshope11

My doctor is gonna put me on Luvox..glad to hear you had success! Cuz I'm dealing with the whole "thinking ill get an illness" thing now. Good to hear I'm not alone and that someone got past it cuz sometimes it feels so hopeless

8. sun

sun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep i have had Ocd pretty much all my life. I have a handle on it now to certain extent because as i got older i became more aware of it and what makes it tick. I can't do anything i enjoy in half measures. Dealing with that and coming out when i was 16 was hell. But yes, it can be a major challange.

9. alwayshope11

Clown..I was wondering what dosage do u take ?

10. aeva

It was much worse when I was younger (I had several daily rituals that I would obsess over/not be able to sleep without doing), but it seems to have improved as I've gotten older.

Now I get bothered by things that are not aligned, and have certain routines, but I would classify myself more as a creature of habit, not somebody with OCD. I have the same thing for lunch every day, sit on the same side of the table when eating with somebody, listen to the same thing as I go sleep every night and things like that. I may be slightly uncomfortable if I don't do those things, but it's definitely not full-blown anxiety

I'm also a smoker, and have a cigarette at the same point in my morning commute, in the same spot in between classes, etc.

11. piratealisonnn

Yep, never diagnosed but I show many characteristics of it. Sometimes they drive me nuts but for the most part they're manageable.

12. XMisery666

I have really bad OCD with time, and I can't stand it when plans change. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I have all sorts of OCD related rituals....one of my rituals a friend of mine makes fun of me for is I have to change clothes whenever I sit down and then move to my bed.

I don't like chairs touching my bed.

14. alwayshope11

It's really bad for me right now with STDs .. I feel like I need to be tested for every single thing under the sun even though I have no symptoms and haven't done anything in like three years...I feel crazy sometimes

15. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I have Body Dysmorphia and part of that is OCD - and it drives me mad. I have to wash my face 10 times a day and apply makeup in a certain routine each day, many times.

16. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have what could be considered OCD, I get really bothered when things do not line up properly, or are not in the proper order. There's a pair of traffic lights down the road from me, and it drives me nuts because the green lights are not the same shade of green!
    I have some compulsive issues too; eating, shopping, skin picking...
    I have it and anxiety from emotional abuse suffered as a child. My mother has NPD.... I also have PTSD..... and was born with ADHD, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia.
    I'm a mess of issues! lol.

17. Valarie

Valarie Guest

I do have it, a bit
    I need to fix things to make them right, but once they are too messy i give up
    I eventually come back to it, and clean everything

so not to extensive
    can be good and bad ...
    need to concentrate, check
    need to get stuff done that im not doing yet, >.> well maybe when im done with what im doing now

#37 Valarie, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  18. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mild OCD since I was little. Like dishes, I have to organize color and I will fix it if it is not right. Also with my bookshelf ._.

19. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I have freakish OCD habits about how, and in what order my dishes are washed. I am deeply paranoid about dishwashers and honestly have a hard time eating at anyone's home who has one.

My point is, I had a close friend over for a couple days, and one day while I was away at work he had washed all my dishes from breakfast and whatnot.

While I was...appreciative of his good intentions, I cleared all my dishes out of the cabinets and washed everything....what he washed and everything those dishes may have even touched. After all, I didn't know what order he washed them in.

My poor friend...he hasn't stopped apologizing to this day.

20. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Hopefully it's not too late.:confused:
    I am currently taking 200 mg. 100 in the morning and 100 at nighttime.
    It will effect different people in different ways, but I'm hoping it'll work for you.
    And don't feel alone. I can definitely relate if you ever want to talk about it. I'd consider it an honor. :slight_smile: