1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numb

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TinyWerewolf, Sep 2, 2023.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As of late, I kind of feel dead inside- like nothing is there and whatever of me was there has been lost in the static. I've also been more dysphoric because it's summer for one (meaning swimsuits and shaving body hair because of my insane family) and also my mom keeps pushing me towards being feminine. I was heavily urged into buying more girl clothes while on vacation, and tired of my mom saying I need new clothes/not wanting to start an argument I caved. I was also forced to go bra shopping, and I didn't want to at all. I thought one was ok at first but was angry and confused why it wasn't making me dysphoric. Now when I wear it under a shirt I feel dysphoria pretty fast. It makes my chest look and feel less male than the sports bras I used to wear. It's so frustrating, and yet when I empty my mind it's just like TV static again. I don't know what to do anymore

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How's the advice seeking going? Are you in contact with any charities that can help still? Are you still having regular appointments with your therapist?

3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Advice seeking, not going great- so far I've chickened out. And no is the answer to the last two, I know I need to rectify that.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can only encourage you Jack to access the supports you need. You know that working with your therapist and seeking out the supports will go a long way in helping you to address some of the dysphoria. You will gain some information and strategies that can help you.

I understand it is easier said than done, and it can be difficult to take that deep breath and say to yourself, 'let me seek that support,' but if you try to take it one step at a time, you will get there. If a first good step is to reconnect with your therapist, even if it is for an update on where things are at for you, try doing that. That might help in getting into the regular appointments again.

kwhale53, TinyWerewolf and Rayland like this.
  5. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You know I'm concerned about you, Jack. One person cannot just keep on taking the abuse you are going taking (and it is abuse) without there being a reaction at some point down the line.

Quite apart from therapy and real life support, you need space to be an adult! Your mom treats you like a pre teen rather than a 23 year old who can make his own choices, buy his own clothes, life his own life.

You need to make that painful break sooner rather than later, otherwise..well, I don't want to think about otherwise. Will PM you tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Stay strong Jack. We're all rooting for you here.

Big big hugs,
    Beth xxx

kwhale53, TinyWerewolf and Keller like this.
  6. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear that you have to go trough all this... But no matter what happens, breathe, relax and remember who you are - no matter what anyone says!

All the best to you!

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do plan on calling them on Wednesday to schedule an appointment if I can. I just hope they have an opening that works with my schedule.

There are times where my mom seems to be supportive of the idea of me making my own decisions- but then turns around and starts going on about LGBTQIA+ people in front of me. Her pushing me towards being feminine bit by bit though has got to stop. I hate wearing makeup, and shaving body hair, I'd like a shorter haircut, I want to date someone, and I want to try to mitigate my dysphoria. As things stand, the former just remain wishes. I do wonder to myself often what my life would be like if I was cis, and I know it would be totally different. I often worry I'll never be a real man.

I wish I didn't have to leave.

*big hugs*

Thank you, I'm trying to relax but to be honest I get pretty worked up if I think about things too much. Yesterday I was on the phone with a friend and discussing all this, and I was trying tn not freak out a bit.

Keller likes this.
  8. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let us know how things go, and glad that you are going to be trying to schedule an appointment.

When it comes to your mum, and based on what you have mentioned, have you had a chance to say to your mum, that you are at an age where you would like to make your own decisions? If so, how have previous conversations gone? It sounds like that you do have an opening at times, where you could bring it up (repeating it if you have to), for it to slowly sink in.

Sometimes our parents' reactions are guided by the fear of change that if something changes (doesn't matter what) their whole world as they know it will fall apart (as irrational as it is).

You know that you are resilient and that you have the supports available to you to bring about the changes you would like to see and experience.

If there is one change out of all of the changes you would like to experience that you could prioritize, which one would it be?

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have brought up that I want to move out, that I want my own space. To a degree I think that has finally sunk in and they're fine with that. The thing is, I know if I try to treat my dysphoria around them they will become incredibly toxic. They used to verbally abuse me, they took all the socks I used to pack and three pairs of boxers, they're also manipulative. They think I was "sexually confused" and occasionally have suspicions, but I'm back in the closet. I try to get away with what I can, but that isn't much.

This is true for my parents for when they found out about me, but even if I could've stayed out to them they would have still use their religion to condemn me. Their bigotry is religious, and God is very important to them. People like my mom are the main reason my own faith is waning, if all the fellow Christians I run across are going to be bigots like her I don't think I want to associate with them. I'd rather have any worship or prayer time be entirely alone if all the churches I go to are full of hatred and contempt for me and others like me.

I want a good relationship with my my parents and siblings- as the second son/ youngest brother. I'd like to be the uncle to my nieces and nephew I truly am. Sadly I don't think that's happening in my lifetime. So I'll have to prioritize escaping and healing the damage I've been dealt.

10. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once you have healed, and once your parents, family have time to accept it or I suppose come around to it to the point where you can have a conversation without toxicity, it's possible that you will still be able to build the relationship with your parents, you would like to see. It will take time and hurdles to overcome but don't give up on that just yet.

Some time ago, a member whose son came out to her said that "parents have to come out too." In so many ways, and from what you have described so far, your parents are in the denial stage, sprinkled with bargening. Of course, your parents' own upbringing, beliefs, social milieu, will have an influence on how long the process of acceptance is going to take.

I think working towards the goal of having your own space, prioritising it, putting things in place, is good. Being away from the environment you have described, the verbal abuse, the manipulation, and even though some of it has happened in the past, can only help in allowing you to create the space you need and pursue the goals you have, including being yourself and living in the body you feel comfortable.

Keller, chicodeoro, kwhale53 and 2 others like this.
  11. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well today was trash, and the cherry on top was my therapist's office can now only do zoom calls for appointments- not phone. I don't have a smartphone at all times- just a burner I keep at work. I do my sessions during my drive to work. So unless I can work zoom on this flip phone, no therapy for me.

I frankly don't think I can handle more

12. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh no! That's super annoying!

I guess you've explained to your therapist that you can only work via phone - does he/she have any recommendations of other therapists you could do phone sessions? Just an idea...

Hang in there, Jack. We're with you.

Sending out big hugs to you, Beth xxx

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did explain this to the receptionist, and she kept my appointment down for towards the end of the month. I'm thinking of calling my EAP case handler and asking if some law was passed that it can only be zoom now...

14. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jack, it's unfortunate that this happened. It's possible that it is their own policy or approach to working with clients. Even though it might feel like a setback, it isn't. It's possible that they might still be able to work around it.

You can also call into a Zoom meeting on your phone as long as they provide you with a phone number. Maybe try asking for that.

TinyWerewolf, Keller and Rayland like this.
  15. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will definitely be asking them about this come Monday, if that works out that will be a huge relief

Rayland likes this.
  16. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An update: my mom found my two binders, last two pairs of boxers, a cologne I haven't worn since college, a men's scented lotion, and my tie. They're all gone, she must've found them while cleaning. The weird part is I haven't been but a bit sad, if anything else just in shock... Maybe I am a fraud and should just stop trying

17. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very sorry to hear about what happened. Wouldn’t any adult person be shocked by you mother’s actions, as it goes breaks any reasonably expected boundaries… What business anyone could even have going trough your personal items, much less disposing of them?

You know who you are, and it won’t change no matter what anyone else says. It’s your life and it is you who should decide how to live it. You can’t be a fraud by being your authentic self.

I wish I could offer you more than just words. May you have the strength to make it trough.

TinyWerewolf, Rayland and chicodeoro like this.
  18. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're not a fraud, Jack. You are living in a state of occupation that is deadening your spirit. Your parents are forcing you, coercing you into being the daughter they want you to be.

You're a 23 year old adult - they have no right to dispose of your possessions.

I worry about you because I don't know how much more of this abuse you can take. What's the latest on your escape plan?

Sending you love and strength and hugs, Jack. Please don't give up.

Beth xxx

TinyWerewolf, Rayland and Keller like this.
  19. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to send you hugs and sorry for not replying, but I've been reading it all and silently cheering you on. I'm always on your side.

Your mom had no right to take your stuff. More and more I think that they should be reported to police for all the abuse. It's all criminal they do. They are not loving parents.

I think you just already expected this to happen somehow, so you're not even suprised to be sad anymore or in too much of a shock.

TinyWerewolf and Keller like this.
  20. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She's my mom, there are no boundaries to her. She must've put something I had out away and found them- so she decided to take them. I wonder if my tiny pride flags are still in there somewhere, because I got those from friends I had in college. They hung above my desk in my dorm, my friends and those flags are some of the few fond memories that haven't left me from that era.

I have wondered about what would happen if the objects were found, and her taking them was the only absolute certainty. I'm not entirely surprised, she did this before with other things of mine after kidnapping me.

My escape plan has once again halted, I've run out of energy and wits. My brain does the minimum to function, can't focus very well. I was a dumbass anyway- always will be because you just can't fix true stupidity.

I just exist now, Beth, there is no personality left. I just wish no one could see me today- like I was invisible. I don't even get to cry though at the moment I do actually feel like it.

It's ok, Rain, don't ever feel like you have to reply. Thank you for the support, that goes for all of you.

I don't know what the police would even do- even if they went to trial and were sentenced it would probably only be for theft of my clothes. I wouldn't have a good or solid case for the prosecution anyway. It would be pointless, I'm afraid.

I somewhat expected it, but not entirely