NSBs and other side effects

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Really, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Really

New acronym : NSB = non-sex benefit

It's occurred to me that some nice side-effects are happening now that things are becoming clearer sexuality-wise. Have you found this too? Here are a few that I've noticed.

• More confidence; previously, I was interested in being the invisible one but now, not that I want to be the centre of attention, I'm happy to be noticed.
    • Improved lifestyle, health & fitness-wise; I had been doing some jogging for cardio but now have added some strength training and increased the amount of running I do. (I seem to be quite interested in reshaping my body for that, hopefully, inevitable encounter but am happy enough to be doing this for myself.)
    • Increased social-ability (is that a word?); I don't seem to find joining conversations so tedious any more. I've even been quite scintillating (if I do say so myself - see? Confidence.) while talking to to a couple of women, on separate occasions, who I figured were lesbians, not that I have any proof, and managed without my usual conversational constipation or nerves!
    • Men don't confound me any more (not sure that's the right word); strange as it sounds and I'm not sure why - maybe because there is no pressure to impress them now? - but they have no stronger hold on my emotions than, say, a nice dog I might meet in the street. He's cute, I smile, I go on my way - man or dog. (I'm not patting them, though.)
    • And weirdly enough, I have lost interest in a number of the tv shows I used to watch quite religiously. All their ridiculous to-ing and fro-ing love interests seem even more ludicrous and I can't waste my time on their nonsense.

If nothing else, I'm quite enjoying these personal "improvements" and hope that they continue.

Got any others?

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, Good for you. So glad you're heading upwards, and are happy.

Might get there myself, then I'll let you know :slight_smile:

All the best