1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now What?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, May 15, 2013.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Ummm. Out. Feeling good. Getting used to waking up smiling few days in a row.
    Getting ready to start slow move beginning June 1 (official July 1st for me not sleeping at house.) Getting used to liking me and self confidence. Not complaining but it is all little-lot scary too.
    At least new place is really clean. (greatwhale you were very brave cleaning your new bathroom)
    Grateful for EC friends support on this journey.(&&&)

2. Ohana

How far away is new apt from current place?

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Half-hour 2 minutes to highway.Not much in rentals nearby.

#3 Rose27, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bathroom is still giving me nightmares! :dry:

I take a rather stoic attitude with all these changes, a kind of go with the flow attitude (lots flowing these days!). Just determined not to let negative emotions take over...because I know that things never stay the same.

5. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

gw-Should I mention mine came with a new toilet seat cover in packaging? :grin:
    Learning not to react to crap is a work-in-progress....HAHA no potty joke intended.

#5 Rose27, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am flush with envy! :dry:

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

gw-:roflmao:

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Realized today that this past few months husband has been quietly taking over my jobs at home. I go to do things and they are done. Lost my housewife job.(domestic engineer :slight_smile: Can't go back to old profession. Really is a whole new beginning. Total life makeover.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I moved out, my wife has been forced to do the same, including getting up way earlier than normal, making lunches and driving the kids to school (normally I would do these things so she could get up about 40 minutes later than me, shower and take the inevitable "10 minutes" (translation: 45 mins) to get ready, do her hair, etc. whereupon I would return the car to her and take the bus to work.

Was at the house on Tuesday...what a mess.

10. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I don't know gw- Kinda wish he wasn't so efficient. Towels folded better n hotel. Laundry caught up.Kitchen immaculate. Its a silent "See I don't need you" Also I sure its a nervous thing to not think about everything. Being a house wife/stay at home Mom was so much of my identity for so long. The "dotting" wife as I was once called. As I mentioned I can't go back to profession I went to school for. Didn't realized just how deep my "cover" was.
    He did have a mini tantrum over a field trip form-7 years I have done all forms & teacher meetings.

11. Ohana

My husband has done the same thing. That's an interesting way to put it: a silent don't need you.

12. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

The silent "I don't need you" goes with the verbal "You have everything you always wanted and it wasn't enough" guilt trip."

---------- Post added 16th May 2013 at 03:25 PM ----------

I settled. I was not even aware I became one of those wives that completely lost her identity. Post coming out to him we were watching a program we had always watched together. I said I didn't like that program anymore. I liked things he liked because he liked them. T
    There were shows I liked but he didn't so I did not watch them when he was home. I don't even like to watch tv anymore. He never wanted to go out. Thought he was ashamed of me. Funny I lost the weight & we went out more recently. He did not want a hobby w/me. TV/sex.That was it. Truth/reality sucks!!!

---------- Post added 16th May 2013 at 03:41 PM ----------

Since I'm venting it DOES piss me off he outed me to everyone thru most gossipy people. I am not ashamed of being gay but it was kind of mean way to do it. He also shared some very personal details of feelings I had for a woman last year with his parents and who else?. Really grumpy.

#12 Rose27, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  13. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Please tell me to stop the carb fest I'm on tonight....

14. DrWhoFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OMG do I identify with this thread... Always on about how he looks after the house better than me, cooks better than me, I should stop making myself depressed all the time, should work harder at my career. All my friends were his, and he resented it as soon as I started getting my own. Watching the same re-runs of TV over and over for years. I got completely squashed. Even now I get text messages if I am actually out "where's the kids piggy bank?", "have we run out of tin foil?", "is there any food for the children?" (always!). Sheesh.... Told everyone we knew I dumped him and ran off with another woman and it was a total surprise and he had no idea. I mean - I used to wear mens underwear and buy them when he was around. The only friends I had of my own were gay, and I used to comment on the attractiveness of women on the telly!

I don't think I behaved well, but that doesn't make him a perfect angel.

#14 DrWhoFan, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013