1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jman1013, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jman1013

jman1013 Guest

I have finaly after quite a number of years of denial accepted that I am..., still quite hard to say even type. I have told a few people so far who are all fine with it and I am pretty confiedent that they won't tell anyone else. Myproblem is that I sharea flat with a few guys, none of them no, and I dont know if I am being unfair by not letting them know. but then I dont really want anyone else to know and felt the next peopkle who should are my parents. Also i think if the did know it would not go well and leave me stuck for next year, flat-wise. Am I being incredibly selfish? should I tell them?

2. musican

I think that you should only tell them if you're ready to come out to them, if you're comfortable with them knowing. I understand how uncomfortable it can be to say that you're gay, or even type it, it still feels weird for me after so long on the site, but it has gotten easier. (*hug*)

3. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I see that your fairly new, and firstly, welcome. I know how hard it is, it has been such a roller coaster of things for me to finally accept myself for who I am, though I am not out yet. After spending a lot of time on this site(and because of the fact that I have talked to more people who share this same quality as me) I have found that my fear and confusion have diminished greatly.

I agree with musician that in order for you to come out to your mates, you have to be comfortable with yourself as well. It may take time, but we are here to help you with anything you need.

This is a great site for you to frequent and ask for advice(and even haev a little fun) in, and in due time, perhaps you will be able to open yourself to the world and accept that this life that has been handed down to you should not be dwindled or hidden and should be cherished, as well as every benevolent quality of your being share with the world. . .

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe in your decision making you should weigh the advantages and possible disadvantages to coming out to your roommates.

5. 1974

If its any consolation i had a similar dilema i had booked a skiing holiday and have to share with a guy for a week, this was prior to coming out. I took the route of being honest and it has all worked out well and he has no problem with it.

:icon_bigg

6. gaius

gaius Guest

im in a similar place, i need to tell some flatmates but im worried a negative reaction would lave me lost next year

7. jman1013

jman1013 Guest

I think I will just leave it, I really don't fancy having to travel to uni next year as that would be the inevitable outcome, along with losing friends. Plus I want to tell my parents next so they don't find out from elsewhere and I am not prepared to do that right now.

8. boredofnormal

jman...I think you've got it right. You don't have to tell anyone (that you're not fancying sex with) about your orientation. It doesn't change who you are.
    Tim