1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what gender I identify as.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kally, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Kally

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The title doesn't give all the information needed to understand this but essentially I've identified as a female my entire life but I have a gender fluid friend and it's started to make me question a bit. I don't think I fully identify as non-binary but from what little experiences I've had with it I like the pronouns they/them.

Sorry that was longer than I thought.
    You're all amazing I hope your having a great day *hugs*.

#1 Kally, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  2. redstatic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Heyo!
    I personally wouldn't bother with labeling myself if I were you. I fully understand the need for that, I looked for the right label for years, but that in itself never truly helped. If you want to experiment with pronouns, go for it! But try to experiment because you're genuinely curious, and try not to limit yourself by choosing a label, regardless of how detailed its description might be. And also, remember that gender presentation ≠ being a different gender. You can be masc if you wanted and still be a girl, etc - and that's perfectly fine. Gender nonconformity is wonderful

Can i ask, what exactly made you start questioning yourself? Do you relate to your friend, have they said something specifically that piqued your interest?

newts likes this.
  3. Kally

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi thank you so much for this I kinda knew I should try to specifically label myself but reading it being directed to me helped.

Along the lines of what made me ask it wasn't something in particular I've kinda been wondering for a while but I wasn't sure if I really wanted to ask about it (just communicating with people is kinda difficult for me) but the more I got used to being here I just thought that I would ask and see what happened.

Also, I like your profile picture!