1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how I want to do this..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mackwinters23, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Mackwinters23

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been ready and wanting to come out to my cousin for some time now. I know that she supports the LGBT community, so I'm really not nervous to tell her and I have an idea of what I want to say (If I were to come out to her.) My only problem is I don't know when I'd be able to come out to her, I don't get to see her very often, she lives about an hour away from me and I don't drive so I can't make a visit to see her by myself. About a week or so ago, my grandma had a small campfire at her house and I wasn't expecting to see her, but L (my cousin) had ended up going to it with her 5 year old daughter. At one point of that night L got up and left the small group of people to smoke a cigarette and I had taken my step-brother inside the house with me (to privately tell him something real fast.) and I told him, that L had stepped away from everyone and how I wanted to go up to her and start talking to her and come out to her, and he had told me that he thought I should. But I didn't do it, because I know that everyone else (not counting my step brother.) that was at the campfire does not support or agree with anything LGBT related so I didn't think that it was the right place to tell my cousin. I had thought of asking L if she wanted to go on a short walk with me and thought of telling her then ( I'm a very private person and really a quiet person, I don't really talk unless I'm spoken to first. lol. and so my issue is I just really want it to be her and me alone when I tell her.) and I'm sure she would had agreed and went on that walk with me, but then she would had had to ask someone to keep an eye on her daughter while she and I went on a walk and I didn't want everyone else there asking us all these questions about me having to go on a walk to tell L something that I wasn't telling the others or anything like that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm really, sort of , kicking myself for just not asking L to go on a walk that night with me now, I just didn't want to explain anything to the others because I'm not openly out with any of them (because they're are all so homophobic.)
    I talked to my friend about this and she had suggested I go over to her sister's house next time L is there and just tell her then. (I had told L's sister that I was gay,2 years ago so she already knows) But I didn't want to impose and stay at S's house the same weekend that L was there just to tell L that I'm gay, I broke down when I told S and if I were to again with L, I didn't/don't want to have S have to see that again. lol) My friend also suggested that I leave her a private FB message and tell her in it, but I really don't want to have to tell her that way or on the phone, I'd rather just tell her in person.
    I am ready to tell L so I think that is great! I just can't figure out how unless I wait till a next family thing and just ask her to go on a walk with me and just hope that when she and I would get back no one asks anything about why she and I left.? :help: