1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, May 20, 2018.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a radical idea, but are there other trans guys out there that don't bind? Of late, I find anything on my chest is plain annoying (sorry if that is TMI.) Not that it causes dysphoria, it is just annoying be it a bra or (god no) an actual binder. While the flat chest is nice, I don't see the value in not breathing properly, pain, or sweating bullets in summertime. And yes, I would use the correct size binder when I did bind. I followed all the guidelines.

Anyway, anyone out there not binding?

2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not binding :slight_smile: I passed some days with tight t-shirts (everything else was dirty), no binder, and chosen name and pronouns. But I prefer loose button-ups. My dysphoria is mainly social, so at university I don't get that dysphoric without a binder if right pronouns are used; in the town where I grew up... meh, I once got so dysphoric that I wasn't able to study and had to leave the library. Different environments. I'm also between 4 sizes (and have - hear this - a "minus C" cup LOL), but I couldn't do measurements properly because I don't own a measuring tape, and a custom-made binder probably costs too much.

3. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally understand you. I'm nonbinary and more on the transmasculine side and my chest does cause me a lot of dysphasia but I don't bind either. I bought a binder more than a year ago and I only used it a few times at home. Wearing it just gets in the way a lot, as I do quite a bit of sports and I nearly never spend less than eight hours a day out and about. Besides I just prefer breathing freely. So I stick with a sports bra that makes my chest a little less noticeable. Personally, it's enough for me if I'm able to ignore it.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, chest garments are annoying.
    I wonder if people notice the chest at all... if they pay attention.

5. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think some people do if they're unsure which gender box to put you in and then they sort of glance down your body. And it's more or less easy to cover that up with a shirt or a jacket. Apart from that, I guess a lot of people don't pay much attention.