1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not being true to myself at school/with friends... but how can I change?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenWing, Oct 2, 2016.

1. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone..
    I don't feel that I am being true to myself as far as personality and expression of feelings go. I'm not a mean person, but sometimes I act rude. I don't know why. I feel like I'm shielding myself from who I am at home when I'm at school. I'm a sensitive person. I'm compassionate. I'm sympathetic. Yet, at school, I'm none of these things. I can't even express how much I care for my friends without typing it down on a computer. I get aggravated easily. I can't stand how fake I am/feel at school. I want to change back to my bookworm, music loving, sensitive self. But how do I do that? How? :bang:

2. HuskyLover

Maybe you're afraid of being the true you at those places? If you think that's true, ask yourself why.

Have you tried gradually showing the true you? Start off doing something small that you usually don't do at school or with friends, but that you do all the time at home. With time, if you're comfortable with it, you can proceed with something bigger.